Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Went to a clinic and was given an EKG. The doc told me that there was a "block" from the right side of the heart. But she says that it is probably "benign". But to be on the safe side, she told me to go to the Emergency at a major hospital. So I go there and get another EKG, an ultrasound, an xray, and blood tests. According to that doc, he didn't see anything in the tests that could attribute to the palpitations and discomfort in my chest. So, on the bright side, nothing bad was shown on the tests. But I still had some palpitations today and still am not sure of the reason why. However, the beta alanine seems to be the prime suspect. I even mentioned it to the doc, but he didn't know what beta alanine was. Thanks for all the feedback guys. And Kurzy, take it easy bro.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Keep us posted Ho.

Take care brother

Louis,

these things just come out of the blue for no known reason, and they go away due to the same thing. The number one most important thing when you feel them, is do not freak out. Even if it feels like you are on the verge of an abyss.Especially if you got it checked out by two doctors, and none of the symptoms have shown anything. The reason why not freaking out is so important is, that basically it triggers an adrenaline dump, which makes the whole thing even worse. If there is no structural damage to the heart, and your cardio system, it is most probably your para sympathethic system sending "misfiring" signals, when trying to send messages to the heart. I am no doctor by all means, just repeating what my doctor said to me.

I feel them from time to time, maybe 5 times a month, just extra beats. When they first occured though (I was around 25), during a night I couldnt go to sleep, I thought I was gonna die, and it made it all worse. Alot worse. Lately I cant even remember when I felt the last one. When I had a holter monitor for 1 week, at the height of my "craze", my sister put it on after my diagnosis, just for fun, and it counted 48 extra beats in one day, even though she doesnt feel a single one ! And there I was, worrying about death, when I got episodes of 5-10 of those peskies in a day.

I cannot say for your specific condition though, since mine were occuring only during rest, and when lying on the back.

all the best to you

vele.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure something is wrong. Checked my blood pressure, and it's high...for the 1st time in my life. And now I am feeling some discomfort around my chest area. I'll try to get it checked out tomorrow. Don't have time today.
    my wife has irregular heart beat and it's caused by high blood pressure, I would advise seeing a doctor about it. A lot of the time it's hereditary but certain things can be done to help it. I wish you the best Louis, it's a blessing in disguise you realized this now and not further down the line. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure something is wrong. Checked my blood pressure, and it's high...for the 1st time in my life. And now I am feeling some discomfort around my chest area. I'll try to get it checked out tomorrow. Don't have time today.
    Coming from a guy that doesn’t think getting choked to sleep is a big deal: be careful Louis, it sounds scary, even though your tests were normal... Best of luck

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    I wouldn't start to worry to early mate..I had the same problem and developed an irregular heart beat and started to experience chest pain and discomfort etc....turned out to be stress/anxiety (I didn't think I was anxious but looking back I was) It took my years to accept there was nothing physically wrong but finally got there and have been all good and as fit as ever! Palpitations are very common..just get it checked for reassurance

Array

School
    10th Planet, San Diego
    I agree with Jeff V. I'm 41 and started getting the same feeling occasionally. I stopped drinking coffee and the pre-workout drink NO-explode and it went away. I still take NO-explode but only three times a week instead of every day like before. It hasn't come back.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    Ok, so since the tests didn't reveal anything, and I am still getting the palpitations...where does it leave me with respect to training? Am I able to train like I normally do? Btw, I appreciate all the input guys. Thanks so much.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Array

School
    Marcos Nardini BJJ
    Ok, so since the tests didn't reveal anything, and I am still getting the palpitations...where does it leave me with respect to training? Am I able to train like I normally do? Btw, I appreciate all the input guys. Thanks so much.
    Louis...I would train as normal mate...I have been there.. palpations aren't usually serious unless you have several other symptoms and are in a high risk category! Your test were Ok bro...trust them and don't do what I did and scan the internet..it set me back years! You will be fine!

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    And Kurzy, take it easy bro.
    I just need to listen to my body more, that's all. I think it's healthy to push body and mind to the limits and operate at that threshold for as long as "healthily possible". In this case last week I was not fully recovered (cardio) from my last set of chins before embarking on the next set. I don't know why I rushed it, and at the time I knew I was rushing it, but now I know for next time to listen to my body and not just watch the Second Hand in between sets.

I'm no doctor but my attitude it just fucken giver, so my answer is keep training, but stop when you need to catch your breath/calm your heart rate, and protect yourself from blood chokes all the time. (With more vigilance than usual I mean, lol. We all try to protect ourselves from bloodchokes!)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast