Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    Apparently he comes to the school I train at every so often. I was super hyped to hear he was coming back soon, this has really put a dampner on that but thank you for the heads up dude.

Array

School
    Gracie Humaita Winnipeg
    I went to seminar with Royce & Royler and that was not my experience. Royler was running the show, and Royler is my gym's Grand master, so maybe Royler made the difference.

Array

School
    Team AMMA
    I didn't go cause I had heard similar stories about his seminar's already, so this confirms it.

On another note, Clint please post your photobomb from the seminar. One of the best.
    www.twitter.com/totalpac

www.totalpackagepromotions.net
    Don't stop dreaming just cause you wake

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    He is the reason most people started Jiu Jitsu.

Einstein knows how to run a seminar. You guys should fly him down to Aussieland.
    This is dead on, Frank got him out a couple years back.
    Everything he taught was golden not a filler move over the whole 3 hrs.

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    It would be a dream to be regarded highly enough to fill out seminars. How anyone can take that honour for granted on one hand then talk about respect of martial arts on the other baffles my tiny mind.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    He is the reason most people started Jiu Jitsu.

Einstein knows how to run a seminar. You guys should fly him down to Aussieland.
    So true! We had Einstein out in the Chicago area and he was great. Very detailed and makes sure you're doing the move correctly before moving on. Definitely bring him out if you can.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    It would be a dream to be regarded highly enough to fill out seminars. How anyone can take that honour for granted on one hand then talk about respect of martial arts on the other baffles my tiny mind.
    Exactly, every seminar I teach whether it’s a handful of people to a room full, I feel I owe them my absolute best and feel privileged to be there sharing what I love.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Chris was a great seminar instructor. All my seminars attended, save one very established founder of a jits team, have been informational. Royce is coming to Dallas next weekend and I'm pretty sure I'm going. Dislocated and broke my finger last week pretty badly but still going to try. It's on my martial art bucket list! I'll reply here with my experience if I decide to go. I DO appreciate the heads up, though.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by michael h View Post
    Schedule a private lesson with an instructor you know is going to get you some awesome info. Takes the bad taste right out.
    GREAT advice and so very true!!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    I started my training with Marcos Santos in NYC. He was a black belt under Rigan Machado and quite a few seminars were held there. I would video the seminars for Marcos. The edited version of the seminar wouldn't feature any students doing techniques -just the instructor teaching basically. Most of the time the 3 hour seminar would turn into a 1 hour edit. Last year, I filmed 2 Eddie Bravo seminars in Allentown and both of those final edits are over an hour each.

BJ Penn did a seminar at Marcos's academy and my final edit of the video was around 15 minutes. The instructional part of the seminar was that short. Glad I was there as a videographer and not a paying attendee.

Anyway, here's 10 minutes of Rigan Machado at the old Marcos Santos academy. BTW, that academy was absorbed by Marcelo Garcia when he came to NY and opened a school (literally) across the street. There are at least 20 of us from Marcos Santos' academy still training at Marcelo's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast