Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    Up here in Canadia...or at least in Ontario, we are lucky to have a number of tournaments that go on in the Greater Toronto Area and Peterborough is just about an hour an a half away so a few of us end up competing a fair bit throughout the year in Toronto. Pretty much every one of those comps however, are strictly IBJJF rules only. The best opportunity we've had for a different rules set is a Grapplers Quest on the other side of the province and a NAGA which took place recently in Montreal. Regardless, I hope we can get more tournaments up here that run with rules closer to ADCC so we can start subbin dudes with leg locks and neck cranks

Array

School
    school of life
    been fighting under FILA rules my whole jj career, as of late they are becoming a bit wierd but all in all ok I guess. Not to friendly towards the grappler that likes pulling guard....

http://www.fila-official.com/images/...egulations.pdf

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickz View Post
    been fighting under FILA rules my whole jj career, as of late they are becoming a bit wierd but all in all ok I guess. Not to friendly towards the grappler that likes pulling guard....

http://www.fila-official.com/images/...egulations.pdf

hey cheers man,

thats pissed me off a bit now ive read through it though. weight classes age classes and time limits were wrong, illegal subs werent explained properly, refs werent provided. makes a mockery of it really to go out and say your following a set of rules and then being completly wrong.

ahh well theres always next time.

Array

School
    school of life
    The only new rule being implemented I don't fully understand is the "reset".

To be more precise, I competed in the weight class above my own, jumped guard and my opponent ended up pushing me to the end of the mat where we stayed for approximately 5secs. The new reset rule brings you back to the middle of the mat but in neutral position and not in guard.

Basically you jump guard for nothing just to get back to the middle of the mat and for all your trouble your opponent gets his "deserved" reward of being in a better position. Go figure

Array

School
    UFK Tresnjevka
    FILA grappling rules are most common in no gi here in Croatia, sometimes ADCC rules (wich I love most), talking about the gi, ibjjf rules apply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12