Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Do you actually believe half the shit you say?? Yeah Johny is a boring ass wrestler who just grinds out decisions...wait. So youre just going to write off the entire division if Nick is gone? You must be stoned as fuck if you truly believe yourself
    yeah dude i mean what i say, I'll still watch 170 but I wont buy another ppv. who do we have Hendricks, GSP, koscheck, all boring ass wrestlers, the only interesting fight left for GSP at 170 is vs Rory Mcdonald but they train together and will not fight each other so yeah i don't see myself buying a 170 ppv for a long time.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Ben Henderson fighting style is very similar to GSP...so you're not watching that division also?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    yeah he wins but he's still boring, & yes I wish Nick played rubber guard too certainly after he go go'd Gomi. But i'm a loyal dude & always have been a Diaz fan and always will be win, loose, or draw & fuck respect from his peers he has respect where it matters. From fighters who actually love to fight and not just win a points game like GSP ( Who I do like ) but will never pay 60.00 to watch win a points battle. So he and Hendricks will have fun holding each other for 5 rounds. Nick also has respect from people on the street that like real mutha fuckers that arent putting on a front for the media & from fans that like real fighters that like to finish people. And how he speaks or manages his money really has nothing to do with how he fights, & he's certainly right when he says they need to take points for stalling, they did it in pride & need to do it in UFC, if so the fights would be waaaayyyy more entertaining. Condit won his fight did more damage ect & all Hendricks did was take him down and nothing else. Diego sanchez got his ass whooped by Gomi & kampman but still won with sloppy takedowns & doing nothing with them. There are limitless examples of wrestlers getting there ass whooped but still winning with just take downs, & it's all good it is what it is, but i'll never pay to watch any of these dudes fight. But i'll pay to watch Nick anyday no matter who he's fighting. " because he comes to fight " and that is what fans pay for. i'd never pay 60.00 to watch a wrestling ppv witch is what MMA in America is turning in too.
    Its weird when I read your post I ether think to myself, wow he completely nailed it or WTF is he thinking?

I think you have an excellent point in that the scoring need to be changed so that escapes earn point as well as takedowns. Condit won that fight, just not according to the way it is currently scored. I say this as a Hendricks fan, its true. Gomi did win that fight as well your right. I think that was a bad decision even if you disregard the takedowns.
    As to hendricks being a boring wrestler typically, i dont dont understand how we could be watching the same fights here, 6 knockouts in 15 fights a boring wrestler?

GSP landed many big hits on the ground, not a bunch of short elbows, he worked his ass over being very active in top position and GSP dominated standing up which was like 11 minutes of the fight. Diaz was completely outclassed. This was not a case of winning with takedowns.

Your right, the way nick speak or manages his money has nothing to do with fighting, thing is when a guy acts like such a punk and is so disrespectful to the other fighters and fans and doesnt repugnant shit like pretend to throw late hits, people are going to hate him and going to talk shit on any of his negative attributes including being a nearly unintelligible, ungrateful bitchy, punk. I never hated him until hes talked shit on his own team and coach and if you think about it his own brother as well. Nick diaz ha the same chance at beating anderson as my 2 year old niece. unless hes gonna bitch at him till he keels over.

One of my buddies did a thing called felony fights you might like, just street trash standing there and swinging at each others heads mostly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by derrick ikwueme View Post
    yeah dude i mean what i say, I'll still watch 170 but I wont buy another ppv. who do we have Hendricks, GSP, koscheck, all boring ass wrestlers, the only interesting fight left for GSP at 170 is vs Rory Mcdonald but they train together and will not fight each other so yeah i don't see myself buying a 170 ppv for a long time.
    koscheck does suck, cant believe hes above Jon Fitch in the rankings, I'm from fresno and although I never met him personally I happen to know hes an asshole.

Not fighting your teammates is some stupid monkey shit! I'll fight my best friend today if someone offered to pay me. If you have to hate your opponent then your a simple minded fool, this is a fucking sport!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    koscheck does suck, cant believe hes above Jon Fitch in the rankings, I'm from fresno and although I never met him personally I happen to know hes an asshole.

Not fighting your teammates is some stupid monkey shit! I'll fight my best friend today if someone offered to pay me. If you have to hate your opponent then your a simple minded fool, this is a fucking sport!
    Really? I have met Josh a few times and he was a class act. It's an act, he admits it's an act. Stopped talked and was really cool, even took picture with my little cousin.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Ben Henderson fighting style is very similar to GSP...so you're not watching that division also?
    155 is loaded with exciting fighters, Cowboy,Pettis,Nate Diaz,ect very few boring wrestlers. I'll still watch 170 but i'm not spending 60.00 on that shit.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Really? I have met Josh a few times and he was a class act. It's an act, he admits it's an act. Stopped talked and was really cool, even took picture with my little cousin.
    ya know I shouldn't say shit like that, I dont know the guy,one of my friends has been doing kickboxing since he was a kid in fresno so he'd bee around him a few times and tried to say hi once when he was getting more well know, he was a dick, maybe he was having a bad day.

Sam Sales

So you haven't met him personally but you 'know he is an asshole'?
    Also that 'Not fighting your teammates is some stupid monkey shit! I'll fight my best friend today if someone offered to pay me' comment was totally unrealistic. Lets see how quick you take that fight against a training partner that gets the upper hand against you in every session. See how you get through a fight camp when you have that in the back of your mind the whole time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    So you haven't met him personally but you 'know he is an asshole'?
    Also that 'Not fighting your teammates is some stupid monkey shit! I'll fight my best friend today if someone offered to pay me' comment was totally unrealistic. Lets see how quick you take that fight against a training partner that gets the upper hand against you in every session. See how you get through a fight camp when you have that in the back of your mind the whole time.
    you didnt see above? The operative word was "know" but yes you can not know someone personally and know that are an asshole, guess what Im thinking right now. just kidding, like i said above i still should have wrote it.

Why would it be against a training partner that gets the upper hand against you in every session? Are you saying that Rory gets the best of GSP and that the real reason that he doesnt want to fight him?

I have to say If I was offered a fight for money against one of my training partners, that is better than me, I would still take it. I think, it matters what you get paid to lose and if I had to cover my own health care.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 03-19-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Sam Sales

you didnt see above? The operative word was "know"

Why would it be against a training partner that gets the upper hand against you in every session? Are you saying that GSP get the best of Rory and that the real reason that he doesnt wan to fight him?

I have to say If I was offered a fight for money against one of my training partner that is better than me I would still take it. I think, it matters what you get paid to loose and if I had to cover my own health care.
    LOL you would take a fight against a much better training partner? LOL Why? Aren't there any other people with your experience level and weight out there in Cali? If it is for the UFC title, yeah OK I can see that, but for just a regular fight that would be fucking stupid. Why risk the relationship? There are plenty of other dudes out there to fight.

Also you don't think GSP or Rory have looked at how their training sessions have gone? Those at Tristar already know who would most likely win that fight.

Sorry but the whole 'I will fight anyone, anytime, even my mum' kind of attitude doesn't fly with me. OK you may fight them, but you likely wont be the same fighter you are against someone you don't have a relationship with. Happens all the time, even on TUF when 2 team mates have to fight nearer the end of the season. They nearly always say they feel like they held back a little. Subconsciously. Like Jones said he did with Rashad. Freakshow and Norman Parke etc. So imagine that with a full time training partner. I find it highly unlikely that NEITHER of you would be affected by that. Even if only subconsciously.

Personally I wouldn't want to fight one of my training partners. Even someone I know I can dominate. We go through so much together every day, blood, sweat and tears. I wouldn't want to be the one to take their dreams away.

:-)
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 03-19-2013 at 01:32 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast