Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I wouldn't be risking any relationship because this is a sport not street fighting. If they want get stupid about it then there arent the type of person I want as a friend.There are guys my weight and experience level sure but who would pay me to fight them? No one would pay for my medical thats for sure. How much do you get paid to fight anyway? You say now that if it was for the UFC title then it would be different, so you do think that GsP and MacDonald should fight?

I agree that the tri-star guys very well may know how the fight would go. So fucking what, we dont (fans) and they are top contenders. What other sport do people refuse to play against their friends?

Who said anything about fighting anyone any time? The topic was fighting your training partner if you were going to get paid. Considering what these guys get paid and that they get their medical problems addressed, Yes I would. I used to box my very best friends in high school and we held nothing back, got fucked up, and made fun of each other and were closer as ever, but my friends are not so monkey brained that they have to convince themselves they hate someone to fight them. It is awkward until you start fighting, yes, especially if you haven't fought before. I know boxing is really more comparable to sparing not a mma fight.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 03-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    I wouldn't be risking any relationship because this is a sport not street fighting. If they want get stupid about it then there arent the type of person I want as a friend.There are guys my weight and experience level sure but who would pay me to fight them? No one would pay for my medical thats for sure. How much do you get paid to fight anyway? You say now that if it was for the UFC title then it would be different, so you do think that GsP and MacDonald should fight?

I agree that the tri-star guys very well may know how the fight would go. So fucking what, we dont (fans) and they are top contenders. What other sport do people refuse to play against their friends?

Who said anything about fighting anyone any time? The topic was fighting your training partner if you were going to get paid. Considering what these guys get paid and that they get their medical problems addressed, Yes I would. I used to box my very best friends in high school and we held nothing back, got fucked up, and made fun of each other and were closer as ever, but my friends are not so monkey brained that they have to convince themselves they hate someone to fight them. It is awkward until you start fighting, yes, especially if you haven't fought before. I know boxing is really more comparable to sparing not a mma fight.
    LOL
    I never said I would fight a friend for a UFC title, but it is the biggest prize in the sport so can see why some might chance it. Even against a friend and training partner.
    However, different fighters deal with things differently. I have met very few that are these unemotional robots that treat it only as a sport and never a fight. It IS a fight after all, and many MMA fighters are pretty emotional guys.

Also when did I say I get paid to fight?

So lets say in training GSP beats Rory constantly. You are basically saying, even though Rory knows GSP will beat him, he should fight him anyway because of the fans LOL. Get real. All Rory would gain is a paycheck and a loss on his record. That part of your post screams of immaturity.

Also I am so happy for you that you and your friends beat each other into early punch drunkenness while you are 'holding nothing back'. Good for you! *sarcasm*. You even admit you would take a fight that you know you would lose as long as they paid you LOL.

Anyway, I have made my points. Not wasting my time bickering online and writing these super long posts responding to your constant over-sized posts. It's not my style. We CLEARLY have very different opinions, and more importantly you seem totally unable to comprehend the points I have made.

Have a great day. I am.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    LOL
    I never said I would fight a friend for a UFC title, but it is the biggest prize in the sport so can see why some might chance it. Even against a friend and training partner.
    However, different fighters deal with things differently. I have met very few that are these unemotional robots that treat it only as a sport and never a fight. It IS a fight after all, and many MMA fighters are pretty emotional guys.

Also when did I say I get paid to fight?

So lets say in training GSP beats Rory constantly. You are basically saying, even though Rory knows GSP will beat him, he should fight him anyway because of the fans LOL. Get real. All Rory would gain is a paycheck and a loss on his record. That part of your post screams of immaturity.

Also I am so happy for you that you and your friends beat each other into early punch drunkenness while you are 'holding nothing back'. Good for you! *sarcasm*. You even admit you would take a fight that you know you would lose as long as they paid you LOL.

Anyway, I have made my points. Not wasting my time bickering online and writing these super long posts responding to your constant over-sized posts. It's not my style. We CLEARLY have very different opinions, and more importantly you seem totally unable to comprehend the points I have made.

Have a great day. I am.
    You pretty much did say friends shouldn't fight for a ufc title because the topic was rory and gsp fighting.

Your still on about one of them always getting the better of the other, where did you get that? If that was the case I doubt they would both be top contenders. If it is known that one consistently beats the other in training then when ufc was looking into the fight they would probably hear that from the trainer and be less likely to set up the fight and good chance the fans would hear about that being the case.

The reason that they should fight anyway (if one was better than the other) is because 1. there ranking in the sport dictates that the fight should happen. 2. fans want to see the fight.

Probably shouldn't have been boxing like that but we didnt know any better, why be a dick about it?

Yes I admit I'd take a fight that I thought I was an major underdog in, you cant really know if you will loose, I dont have a lot of money and I like MMA so why wouldn't I take the fight, to preserve my armature record? UFC's not calling me up anytime soon my friend.

Didnt know we were bickering. If Im not comprehending your points its because they are illogical.
    You seem annoyed, I hope you really are having a great day but it seems your lying to play the part of the bigger man and show your not irritated. Hilarious.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 03-19-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Sam Sales

You pretty much did say friends shouldn't fight for a ufc title because the tropic was rory and gsp fighting.

Your still on about one of them always getting the better of the other, where did you get that? If that was the case I doubt they would both be top contenders. If it is known that one consistently beats the other in training then when ufc was looking into the fight they would probably hear that from the trainer and be less likely to set up the fight and good chance the fan would hear about that being the case.

The reason that they should fight anyway (if one was better than the other) is because 1. there ranking in the sport dictates that the fight should happen. 2. fan want to see the fight.

Probably shouldn't have been boxing lie that but we didnt know any better, why be a dick about it?

Yes I admit I'd take a fight that I thought I was an major underdog in, you cant really know if you will loose, I dont have a lot of money and I like MMA so why wouldn't I take the fight, to preserve my armature record? UFC's not calling me up anytime soon my friend.

Didnt know we were bickering. If Im not comprehending your points its because they are illogical.
    You seem annoyed, I hope you really are having a great day but it seems your lying to play the part of the bigger man and show your not irritated. Hilarious.
    Why would I be irritated? I find you a little immature sometimes yes, and always bickering with someone or other on here by drowning people out with posts so long people stop reading half way through.

Enough people on here know me well enough to know your posts would not be significant enough to ruin my day. Plus I have just finished training so pretty chilled out for the day tbh.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 03-19-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    your post weren't so concise either bro. Its does drive me nuts that my post are long, I'd like to be more succinct but Im cant express thoughts in twitter style. I'll try to do better about it.

I dont do it to "win" "bickerings" though I think you know that. Its cool people know you but I dont see how that factors in.

We have a difference of opinion about a non-important topic. That should be non-personal. Lets be friends?

Sam Sales

That should be non-personal. Lets be friends?
    We are cool bro. :-)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234