Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

David Avellon is in SoCal currently.

Dont know what the relationship between 10th planet and the Avellans is but David is in SoCal and he had said in an email to let him know if anyone wants to host a seminar. Hes doing one already,

March 24th starting at 12pm PST
    Morales Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy
    690 Main St. Suite F
    El Centro, CA 92243-2913
    (760) 960-8001
    maximus1969ad@yahoo.com

Like I said dont know I there are any politics here I just know that the Avellans have been super nice in my dealing with them and they seem like pretty cool guys.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Did they disassociate themselves with TLI? Just curious.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Not as of the brown belt kumite part 3, so I had have to say no. I wouldn't expect them to either. They're successful business wise thanks to him.

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Not as of the brown belt kumite part 3, so I had have to say no. I wouldn't expect them to either. They're successful business wise thanks to him.
    So what? So they should ignore everything he has done because he helped make them money? I would expect a decent person and a honest martial artist to separate themselves from Lloyd. Anything else just screams of weak character.
    Sorry this is just my opinion here, but I probably wouldn't even go to one of his seminars if he still down with Lloyd Irvin. If for no other reason than their success is shared with Lloyd. He (Lloyd) doesn't deserve to make another $ in this industry. I am sure as shit not funding his fucked up cult.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 03-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    So what? So they should ignore everything he has done because he helped make them money? I would expect a decent person and a honest martial artist to separate themselves from Lloyd. Anything else just screams of weak character.
    Sorry this is just my opinion here, but I probably wouldn't even go to one of his seminars if he still down with Lloyd Irvin. If for no other reason than their success is shared with Lloyd. He (Lloyd) doesn't deserve to make another $ in this industry. I am sure as shit not funding his fucked up cult.
    Im with you man.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I have tried to stay out of the TLI bullshit, but Marcos made himself out to be a real ass during the whole debacle. I don't think I could support him or David anymore, which is sad because David might be the best pure no-gi guy out there.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Just to be crystal clear here you are referring to the incident where two of his students raped a third and the incident where lloyd was acquitted of rape charges?

Were there any other things, rape related or not, that I might not be aware of?

I sent David an email, his brother has responded to me in the past promptly.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 03-16-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    TLI also disintegrated when it came to light that Lloyd was coercing/forcing female students to perform sexual acts with him in order to become Wold Champions. There's all sorts of threads over on UG/SD about it, hopefully this forum doesn't become clogged too. I miss pure technique discussion.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Wow, People Are Still Flying Him Out For Seminars On That Stuff??

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Marcos is a dick from everything I've heard but David seems to be a cool decent guy. I coached Tyler against some of his guys at a tourney and he seemed ok.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast