Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    Up + bang = win.
    This is the formula for victory. We can go halvsies on the patent.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    This is the formula for victory. We can go halvsies on the patent.
    You guys have to get this info to all of GSP's future opponents if they want to have a chance of winning

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    I think ass ton of takedowns = decision win.

Im pretty sure condit won striking 2 rounds and bjj every round and lost due to takedowns

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    I wonder if anyone has ever blown up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and had it on the wall?
    Nope, not a soul...especially not Jamze.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Albuquerque
    I wonder if anyone has ever blown up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and had it on the wall?
    I think I read something about someone doing that somewhere, but I cannot recall specifics.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamze View Post
    I blew up the 10P flow chart diagram from the book to 12' x 8' and have it on the wall, under it I have 10) 2'x3' posterboards I had Office Depot make for me listing techniques and a quick description of the technique that I wrote. I also found another 1oth P flow chart on the internet and blew it up to 6' x 6' and put it on another wall, this really help the newer students understand the position and their options.
    Are you sure that's what happened? Haha
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Allen View Post
    Now, I know that realistically there is no such thing as a legitimate cheat sheet for Jiujitsu. Reps and practice beat techniques you've seen 3rd person every time. But as a white belt, Im curious to hear some things from the higher ranks that maybe you wish you had heard coming up. Not so much submissions, but universal (Or even specific) principals youve learned along the way. For instance one of the first things we're told is "Keep your back off the mat". In terms of working from an angle even when in full guard/bottom game. But I know there have to be plenty more things like that which are out there. Boxers have "Keep your hands up". Karate has "Straight lines". What are more principals in Jiujitsu you wished you had learned sooner?
    This is sort of old but I still look back at this list often:
    My 10 Pillars for Jiu Jitsu (1/28/2011):

1) record all techniques [pen and paper, sketchpad, etc]
    2) escaping is an art
    3) strong go-to techniques
    4) position b4 submission
    5) get humbled often
    6) healthy nutrition
    7) cross train in other arts
    8) jiu jitsu chess
    9) cardio and weighttraining
    10) vary the bodytype and skill level

This is your cheatsheet for success!

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    I really don't think people, especially those new to the game, realize just how much work is takes to get good. If you want to get good at anything life it must be a top 3 priority in your life. Every decision you make throughout the day you should also be thinking "is this going to help me or hurt me in reaching my goals" even it is and indirect relation. An example from when I was in college would be should I do my hw right when I get home or stay up late and finish it later???? If I stay up late then I wont get my rest, I wont recover well from today's session and Ill be useless in training tomorrow...etc. The physical training is the most important but you must supplement your training in other ways when youre not on the mat. Jiu jitsu must never be "too far away" in your mind. A great quote that I heard from Marc Laimon was you just cant show up to class and expect bjj to just fall into your brain (that is unless you don't train for any sort of competition and youre there just to have fun, exercise, get away, etc). One of the methods that I found to work best for me is to get stoned and watch roll after roll after roll. Replay, go back, replay, go back. If you can watch your own rolls that is the best, but I also learn a lot from the studying tape segments on MTS. Eddie's commentary is HUGE!!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Love the last two comments. I have to say for me. Wish I would've just taken it more serious earlier. I wish I would've drilled like a mad woman. I also wish I would of started rolling with bigger people when I first started Jiu Jitsu and not just the girls that were in and out of the gym. As soon as I started doing all 3 of those at the same time, I started getting good, and really learning a lot about myself.

Cheat sheet.. Ehhh..idk about any of that. I def think watching videos over and over help..maybe the key is just repeatedly drilling, watching videos, competing, meditating on ones Jiu Jitsu, etc. I like Slick Rick's list, it even includes diet which is a real thing, a part of your Jiu Jitsu for sure.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    lol Logan.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast