Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    "Never Quit" is one of the secrets to success in Jiu Jitsu.

David you need lifestyle changes, eating healthy and excercise is not a enough. Start with a healthy mind and outlook on life, the rest falls into place.
    Couldn't agree with this more!

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Seabrook View Post
    Couldn't agree with this more!
    Well said.

Dont quit i lost a 100 lbs doing juijitsu alone

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Oh like i said I have lost lost of weight probably 30 lbs at the lowest i have weighed 256 but that was due to a large water cut for a fight. I have leaned up even more. At this point I'm looking for more though i will workout as much as i can. I just need to be able to put it in. Thats why i was thinking about trading off some JJ for more cardio and weight training. We will see if i can come up with some sort of balance. Maybe the Master Bravo Seminar in Detroit will help flip my mind on a lot. I want to be the best i can in this sport I truely do love it but i also want to progress in it also.

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Facility you train at has a full weight facility along with personal trainers - Up to you to put in the work my man, one of the trainers Autumn hale used to weigh 200lbs. now is down to 140lbs. and cut. Step out of your comfort zone and try a diff. persons routine.

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    Oh like i said I have lost lost of weight probably 30 lbs at the lowest i have weighed 256 but that was due to a large water cut for a fight. I have leaned up even more. At this point I'm looking for more though i will workout as much as i can. I just need to be able to put it in. Thats why i was thinking about trading off some JJ for more cardio and weight training. We will see if i can come up with some sort of balance. Maybe the Master Bravo Seminar in Detroit will help flip my mind on a lot. I want to be the best i can in this sport I truely do love it but i also want to progress in it also.
    It sounds like you have made up your mind already man. Maybe nothing anyone says will change that, but it seems that there is a unanimous decision from everyone else...Don't quit jiu jitsu.

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Check out Mike Dolces methods, "Living Lean" and Onnit.com, keep pushing brother!!

Array

School
    10p Ronin
    You can shift the gears of your training and focus on conditioning for weight loss. But don't ever stop doing jiu jitsu completely. It's the big reason you're losing weight in the first place. And I imagine it something you love.

So sure, trade in a few jits practices a week to go extra hard running/biking/circuit training/hiking or whatever you wanna do to get your heart rate up and burn a ton of calories. BUT frequency here is key. Find something that you can do everyday for 20 minutes. When it becomes easy, go to 30. After 30 becomes easy, make it harder, do it faster, put more weight on, do more reps, up the intensity. Whatever the case may be. All it takes is 20-30 minutes a day, EVERYDAY, of "cardio". aka heart rate up, sweating, burning calories exercise.

And then from there, diet will be key. 6 meals a day, 6 oz meals. High protien, low fat, moderate carbs. Take in healthy fats through avocado and fish oil and omega 3's and 6's and what nots so that your test levels don't drop from all the weight loss that will be happening. Because you will be kicking ass, and you will be shedding weight like crazy, because you're a badass, and you want this.

Just keep practicing jiu jitsu AT LEAST once a week man. You burn calories on the mat too. And your IQ will stay up. You'll catch up quick when you go back to full time because you'll be in such better shape. And on top of that, I'm sure you have a lot of friends that you train with. Everyone at 10p is always super cool. I don't know about you, but even when I'm hurt I show up for practices. The atmosphere alone is enough.

Good luck to you man! I can't wait to hear about the transformation 4,6,8 weeks from now.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Sbardella View Post
    Facility you train at has a full weight facility along with personal trainers - Up to you to put in the work my man, one of the trainers Autumn hale used to weigh 200lbs. now is down to 140lbs. and cut. Step out of your comfort zone and try a diff. persons routine.
    If i lived in Clare man thats not an issue but driving 45 mins is and the cost of an extra gym session is...I live i on a very tight budget its not about comfort zones its about balance what can i afford and make time for when i also have a family to support and spend time with. Like i said if i lived in clare and could just run to the gym thats not an issue but with training and such you gotta figure i have to clear a 4 hour block of my time not just an hour thats very difficult to do.

Array

School
    I plan on picking up the ddp yoga and getting onto a routine here in Alma at youngs and as soon as the trails clear up 20 miles a day on the bike increase water intake and prolly drop JJ to once a week then do training here in alma and watch the MTS videos like i always do and just go from there.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast