Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    If you have access to weights and motivation to make change, try Greg Plitts MFT 28 program. It's only a 28 day commitment, and then decide what to do after that.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mft2...by-met-rx.html

He's a bit of a jock when he talks, but watch the videos.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    My biggest problem with doing JJ and working out is i tend to get overly sore.
    I'm a old guy. It takes me much longer to recover than when I was young. Its a matter of knowing your body or getting to know your body. Gradual increases is your friend. You just can't go balls to the wall...you got to build yourself up to that! ICE BATHS also for the inflammation is a must.

No shape or form am I telling you to stop Jiu Jitsu. Don't stop JJ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    A large part of my build is from years of taking Prednisone which is a form of a oral steroid to treat when my asthma got really bad. Major side affects of this is trunctal obesity and it pretty much also washes the calcium off your bones i have read many cases of people having full blown osteoporsis by there 40's. I carry almost all my weight around my stomach its literally like i wear a tire around my belly. My upper body cest shoulders and arms and legs are fairly decent. I'm on day 4 with no pop and strict water and just got the DDP yoga about to do my first session here in a bit then gonna hit a weight training workout later focusing on lower body and core.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Make "no pop" a "for the rest of your life" thing David!

The shit is full of cancer causing HFCS and a ton of other bad crap that is killing you and everyone who drinks it.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    David: Prednisone is no joke bro. My mom been on it for years due to her stroke. THat thing ate up 2 of her hip, had to have both hip replacement.

As far as weight goes, I'm there with you bro. I had a rude awaking yesterday while shopping for new suits and pants. My wife took a picture of me trying on new shoes and OMG..I'm a fat dude!!! I don't like what I see at all. All this time I knew I was getting worst out of shape but didn't really notice it until last night. My weight is around my belly as well. You see I was never like this. I was the lean and athlete type for over 20 years after high school. When we got Cora, I came from 130lb to 145 lb. Now that I have my son, I came from 145 lbs to 160 lbs. This is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm sick and tired of looking at myself. No wonder my wife is not breaking me off some like before...LOL I really in need of some motivation to lose this 15 lbs around my belly. If I can drop 15-20 lbs then I will be a happy man. I'm so heavy now that I can't really roll with Cora the way I want to in fear of crushing her. Keep in mind that I'm a short dude, so 160 lb is huge for my height. Being 40, I don't know if I have the motivation to start. I need to find my motivation.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I was 210-220 at my heaviest, I did jitz 3 days a week and ok other days I ran or biked. I also ran before jitz. Eating better is also a huge help. I dropped to 175. I'm currently at 180. Suggestion it not to take a break from jiu Jitsu. It's a great work out on top of other excersizes u plan to do

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidHamp View Post
    A large part of my build is from years of taking Prednisone which is a form of a oral steroid to treat when my asthma got really bad. Major side affects of this is trunctal obesity and it pretty much also washes the calcium off your bones i have read many cases of people having full blown osteoporsis by there 40's. I carry almost all my weight around my stomach its literally like i wear a tire around my belly. My upper body cest shoulders and arms and legs are fairly decent. I'm on day 4 with no pop and strict water and just got the DDP yoga about to do my first session here in a bit then gonna hit a weight training workout later focusing on lower body and core.
    Awesome! Keep at it. Just keep training Jiu Jitsu You'll notice a difference in no time.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Just to clarify also I have been at this for about 3 years now training JJ regularly that is. I have deff seen losses in weight and where i havent lost weight i have leaned up and gained body strength. The problem is i have been at the same spot for about 6 months could deff be the winter months taking its toll. Its just difficult sometimes to motivate myself to pay the money in gas to drive 45mins away to go train stuff i cant do. I love the live rolling part cause i'm actually getting the cardio. Some drilling I dont mind like lockdown paths but alot of the off the from guard is very very difficult for me. I generally bait people to pass my "weak" guard to trap them in lockdown then run with that to get back to top or back control. I Just REALLLLLY need to slim down to make some moves possible but more importantly just to be healthy so that i may live a long healthy happy life.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I don't know how y'alls drilling regiment is, but Im drenched after mine. I dont take breaks and gradually increase the speed and intensity as I start to understand it. 30 reps of a good drill can be equal to double the push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, or you pick it depending on the drill. The problem with your progression might lie within your drilling regiment.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    we all wake up feeling like hell every morning.. just do it

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast