Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Father In Law's MRI came back no other cancer seen

But they still want to do radiation and chemotherapy anyways "just in case." Am I the only one that thinks this is ridiculously stupid?
    They found it in his tonsils which I guess is pretty common (20%). They're going to remove the tonsils then do radiation and chemo. I guess I'm no cancer doctor but poisoning yourself just in case makes no sense. Someone please enlighten me.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    I'm not a doctor and I'm not giving advice but if it were me I wouldn't do it. I would just take my cannabis pills at night before I went to sleep and call it a night.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Right there with you. There's no convincing him otherwise I just think its a stupid plan. To him doctors know best :/
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    So they did see something.?. You sure your gettin the whole story? Wonder if he's tryin not to worry anyone.

Regardless. Wish him the best.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    He had a biopsy that was confirmed as cancer and his tonsils "seem swollen". So they're going to look around while they're in there. Everything looked fine on the MRI though. Those things are pretty accurate arent they?
    I guess if it were me I would have them pull the tonsils and if nothing is found then keep an eye on it. My wife was in the MRI results appointment so shes getting the entire story. I know cancer isn't something to mess with but I don't agree radiation and chemotherapy are the most effective ways of treatment. I just watched my mother in law go through all that twice in 5 years and it didnt do shit for her. Death was the result.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Best of luck to your father in law whatever you and your family chooses to do.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Biopsies are invasive and more reliable than mri's. It means that tissue was removed, observed, and tested. Mri's just scan. They can locate tumors, but don't tell you much on the state the cells are in. It only locates a mass. Then the mass is biopsied.

If the biopsy was positive, im sorry man. That's confirmation.