Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

My mind is Blown Away

So I found 10thplanetJJ sometimes last Oct/ NOv, but didn't get on the MTS until a couple months ago (kicking myself). Now a couple of weeks ago Cora's coach let me borrow his "Mastering the Rubber Guard" book. We had it all this time and I didn't even crack it open until today. Right now I'm only on page 33 and my mind is blown away. What got me to create this thread was when Master Eddie talk about the Gi vs No Gi. It makes 100% sense to me when he mention about the judo and Greco roman wrestler. All this time, Cora's game is basically No- Gi. You can see all her matches she fights no gi style for the most part. Last Feb she compete at the Kids Pan Am, which is a Gi only event. No wonder I didn't see any 10thplanet kids there at the event. Cora lost her match against a good Gi fighter. Lesson learned.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    The stories at the start of eddies books are some of my favourite bits lol.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Eddie's philosophies on life won me over as well. I said to myself, "There's a man I could follow." Ive been here ever since.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    "His name is Eddie Bravo. His name is Eddie Bravo."

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Read Mastering the Twister as well. I tell noobs to read the bio and we'll get to the techs in time. He gave me a comfort in my perspective in life. Its ok to not know, its ok to be weird, weed has an unfair rep. But then he share's his jj knowledge and he's logical as fuck. He teaches you to see paths in jj instead of moves better than any instructor. And he did it in print. I was floored.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    the dvds are even better and mastering the twister is amazing. One of the best things about 10th planet is that close-minded assholes don't get to learn this shit, unlike open-minded assholes like myself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I think the similar mindset we all get from Master Eddie goes a long way in life. Reading about Eddie in a high times I think it was and I knew after getting his books that he was the model I wanted to mold myself like.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Thank you all for the mad love. I am committed to keeping 10p open minded & honest, obsessed with keeping 10p on it's ascension and dedicated to keeping our family tight and strong. I appreciate tremendously all my brothers and sisters that are here with me right now on the same frequency. Your loyalty will remain in my heart forever
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    I read all the bios before getting to the tech and OMG.. the way Master Eddie put things down is something else. He's real and very colorful with his use of words, especially his comparison between the 2 Royler's student...LOL You know people don't use such wordings when writing a book. But he writes like the way he would talk, and that's real and that is the way for someone like me to connect with. 10th4L!!!!!!

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Dude I love the bios in all 3 of his books. I prob spend as much time reliving some of his stories as I do reading his techniques, which make me connect more to the system.

Cora lost her match against a good Gi fighter. Lesson learned.
    I visited a Carlson GRacie blackbelt school in Michigan late last yr and dropped in for a class (was in town for a business function and owner loaned me a GI with no belt). First kid I rolled with just used underhooks/overhooks/head control. The next 3 kids (all whites) proceeded to fight me with grips as if their lives depended on it (they all tapped me 4-5 times, without the GI I dare say they would've caught me 1-2). Indeed, the GI is their weapon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast