Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Thanks guys for all your input. Basically we just have to drill MTS 52 like mad dogs..LOL

After a good night sleep. While taking Cora to school, I ask her if she still feels sore about losing to that boy, she said no. We talk more and decided to not base her progress on him, but rather just enjoy this journey like master Eddie suggested. There are so much to learn and we will get there in due time, but to go and push the learning curve to extreme just to catch up with an older boy, it might have adverse affect on Cora. So we will just enjoy this journey and learn at our own pace and just keep in mind that she will win some and lose some and that is fine by us as our journey really just started. Thank you for all of your support, you guys have been great mentors for both Cora and I.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Well at least shes developing her arch nemesis early lol. Cobrinha has Mendes. Caio has Bruno. Cora has..AOJ kid (forgot his name). If shes crushing people all the time she might not learn as much as when she has to face this kid. I notice this kid moves very quickly the best way to beat the fast twitch jiu jitsu guys is to slow them down. Controlling the hips is the most effective way. So instead of trying to go tit for tat in speed put him in quick sand.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Thanks guys for all your input. Basically we just have to drill MTS 52 like mad dogs..LOL

After a good night sleep. While taking Cora to school, I ask her if she still feels sore about losing to that boy, she said no. We talk more and decided to not base her progress on him, but rather just enjoy this journey like master Eddie suggested. There are so much to learn and we will get there in due time, but to go and push the learning curve to extreme just to catch up with an older boy, it might have adverse affect on Cora. So we will just enjoy this journey and learn at our own pace and just keep in mind that she will win some and lose some and that is fine by us as our journey really just started. Thank you for all of your support, you guys have been great mentors for both Cora and I.
    This is the attitude that will increase the chances that Cora becomes a lifer at jiu jitsu
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Being 10, I don't think Cora needs any pressure of having a nemesis. I just want her to enjoy this sport for what's its really about, its not about the winning or losing, its about challenging YOURSELF to be better everyday. Of course the competition do play a roll in that, but its not the only thing. I guess the toughest opponent that she will ever face is herself. So as long as she competes within herself, she will always be a winner. As a father, its my job to guide her toward the right direction.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    But I thought you had a list?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    One does not simply want a nemesis..
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You musttt takkke, what you wantttt,

Array

School
    Bobby: at this point in time a list won't help as these aregrowing kids and the boys that beaten her will out grow her and be in a different div before she can avenge her lost. Besides if we only focus on one opponent, we will miss out on the rest of the boys.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Yes, I agree, ditch the list, enjoy the wins and learn from losses, keep it beautiful
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    The reason why we created that "hit list" in the first place because we were new to the game and needed directions. Each boy on that list represented something that Cora needs to learn before she able to defeat them. That was our way of trying to learn. We had a boy that we called "flash" he is very fast, super quick and hyper. So Cora needed to learn how to catch and control him to beat him. Then we had a boy that we called "flexi boy", yes he was very flexible and hard to control and always manage to pull guard on Cora. She had to learn to stay away from his guard before she can defeated him. THen we have a kid called "Dynamite", he is very super technical. I am very impressed with him, I put Cora to spar with him the whole entire summer after every class. Little by little she learn from him. At the start he would tap her out anytime he wants. Each rolling session he would tap Cora out about 5-6 times, but the more they roll, by the end of summer Cora has almost caught up with him. Right now they are about equal, after blasting through all the other kids on the other team, these two teammates met each other at the finals 3 months ago and they split Gold. The reason why we don't need any list anymore is because now I have yall and the MTS. We have directions now from all the good people on here and Master Eddie.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast