Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Would be interested to see what game Aoki plays, he has underrated TDs and has a judo background, or will he try and play bottom and go rubber guard

Obviously Kron is the favorite, but will be fun to watch just because of the different style match up

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    They were supposed to fight at the Jiu-Jitsu Expo in California last year, remember? The first match-up between Glover and Terra happened there, as did Kron vs. Victor Estima.
    I see, I thought you were mentioning it for this metamoris my bad

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I Wash They Had Matched Cyborg A Little Better. He Is One Of My Favorites, But That Just Isn't fair.

Nobod Else Excited For Cooper X Hall? That Is One Of The Most InterestingMatch Ups In My Opinion

rubber guard.jpg

Aoki doesnt give a fuck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    I Wash They Had Matched Cyborg A Little Better. He Is One Of My Favorites, But That Just Isn't fair.

Nobod Else Excited For Cooper X Hall? That Is One Of The Most InterestingMatch Ups In My Opinion
    100% It should be the most exciting on the card, just because Cooper is so entertaining and unpredictable. He loves to please the crowd and Hall always goes hard for the finish.

As far as the breakdown, they've trained a lot together. They use a lot of the same primary offense (rolling back take, deep half, RNC, darce, triangle). I don't see either of them surprising the other too much. Cooper has been finished by some heel hooks and that's a big x-factor for Hall. I gotta think he has a strong chance to finish if he can get himself into some leg entaglements. Cooper is so wild and attacks from everywhere though, you just never know. It's hard to call.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    This sounds about right, although I figured Cooper vs. Hall would be Gi. Either way, the only chance of Cyborg vs. Schaub being competitive in the least bit is No Gi, otherwise Cyborg would probably make Schaub look worse than he already will. And I'm not hating on Schuab, the guy's a great athlete and a good MMA fighter, but he's out of his depth against Cyborg in a jiu-jitsu match. Braulio vs. Nick Diaz would have been more competitive at the Jiu-Jitsu Expo, and Nick is a legit black belt who has better accomplishments in competitive BJJ.

Kron vs. Aoki in No Gi will make it more competitive, for sure. Chances we see Aoki utilize rubber guard
    ?
    I think Krons posture is real solid and will be tough for Aoki to break that posture for RG, for sure because you know Kron will be aware of/ worried about Aoki's RG. Aoki will have to be fast and a bit tricky to get into RG, but once there Aoki has a huge advantage. Since there is no points for the sweep Kron might just bail and let Aoki take the DA sweep to top side. I don't think Kron can defend the gogo if he stays put. Aoki might just finish with a sneaky Jap tie once he gets to side though!

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Not 100 % confirmed but Bruno Bastos is saying that the gi and no-gi breakdown is

Kron Gracie x Shinya Aoki - NoGi

Rodolfo Vieira x Braulio Estima - Gi

Andrew Galvao x Rafael Lovato Jr - Gi

Brendan Schaub x Cyborg Abreu - NoGi

Bill Cooper x Ryan Hall - NoGi

Mackenzie Dern x Michelle Nicolini - Gi
    This are my picks for who wins...lets put some money up.

P.s Bill Cooper has been comming to 10p Corona to get some no Gi rolling in..it has been a pleasure training with him in prep for this hes been teaching us all kinds of stuff.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    This are my picks for who wins...lets put some money up.

P.s Bill Cooper has been comming to 10p Corona to get some no Gi rolling in..it has been a pleasure training with him in prep for this hes been teaching us all kinds of stuff.
    Interesting Pick With Lovato Over Galvao. Thats A Fun One Too.

Interesting Pick With Lovato Over Galvao. Thats A Fun One Too.
    I'm picking Galvao too, but Galvao has had problems with long and lanky guys in the past (Braulio, Roger, Ryron) and I think Lovato could cause some problems. I still have Galvao though.

I think the gi and no-gi difference is most telling with galvao/Lovato and Rodolfo/Braulio. If Rodolfo vs Braulio was no-gi straight up I would pick Braulio. In the gi Rodolfo is a jedi. Rodolfo is one of the few current top guys that seems drastically different between gi and no-gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

So excited for this one.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast