Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu

What matches do you want to see at Metamoris 3?

The official Metamoris Facebook page posted a status last night saying that BJ Penn was contacted and made an offer to fight in Metamoris 2, but declined because he wasn't sure of his future in MMA at that point. I'm a huge BJ Penn fan, so I would have loved to see him return to competitive jiu-jitsu, but I'm not sure against who.

The status also wanted fans to leave suggestions of who they'd like to see, and what match-ups. Here are some I saw and agreed with:

Jacare Souza vs. Andre Galvao
    Vinny Magalhaes vs. Fabricio Werdum (rematch from ADCC)
    Caio Terra vs. Jeff Glover 3
    Eddie Bravo vs. Royler Gracie 2
    Marcelo Garcia vs. Rafa Mendes

What are some other suggestions for fights you guys would like to see at the third Metamoris event?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Arent Rafa and Marcelo in 2 different weight classes? Not that that matters cause that would be a good match up regardless.

Although the Glover/Terra match would be a rubber match, personally im not looking to watch that. Match these guys up against others.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Arent Rafa and Marcelo in 2 different weight classes? Not that that matters cause that would be a good match up regardless.

Although the Glover/Terra match would be a rubber match, personally im not looking to watch that. Match these guys up against others.
    I hear you on he rubber match, but those two had two really good fights before so I think a rubber match wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. They each have one win, and there can be only one real winner!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post

Lots of Metamoris matches have had people from different weight classes, including the upcoming Metamoris 2.

Glover/Terra needs a no-gi rubber match in my opinion.

By the way Ryan Hall posted today that he was originally slated to face Rafa Mendes but for whatever reason it ended up getting changed to Bill Cooper.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Lots of Metamoris matches have had people from different weight classes, including the upcoming Metamoris 2.

Glover/Terra needs a no-gi rubber match in my opinion.

By the way Ryan Hall posted today that he was originally slated to face Rafa Mendes but for whatever reason it ended up getting changed to Bill Cooper.
    Very good point
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Bill vs Kron (nogi)
    Denny vs Hall (nogi)
    Lovato vs Drysdale (gi)
    Shaolin vs Leo (gi)

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I read that on FB. I would be interested in that match up still. Rafa vs Hall
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    METAMORIS is no longer sub only, they have judges now which is really just going back to the point format only without a scoreboard. I expressed my disappointment to Ralek and tried to get him to stay sub only, I hope I got thru to him.

The point system is designed for the competitor not the fans. If the fans remain not #1 on the list of priorities, Jiu Jitsu will remain off television
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Yeah, don't know why they went away from the sub only format after only one event, it was considered one of the best comps of the year, no one even cared about the 'draws' and just talked about the exciting matches

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    METAMORIS is no longer sub only, they have judges now which is really just going back to the point format only without a scoreboard. I expressed my disappointment to Ralek and tried to get him to stay sub only, I hope I got thru to him.

The point system is designed for the competitor not the fans. If the fans remain not #1 on the list of priorities, Jiu Jitsu will remain off television
    Thats pretty weak. I didnt mind the DRAWS cause they were great matches
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast