Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: iam new here

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by leeunit View Post
    I asked to show me 10th planet moves and they said we dont teach a class in just 10th planet moves if i remember
    HMMM, When I went there they taught the mount escape to butterfly just like Eddie teaches. Don't ask to be shown stuff, just show up to class on a regular basis and learn.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by leeunit View Post
    I asked to show me 10th planet moves and they said we dont teach a class in just 10th planet moves if i remember
    None of the classes differentiate 10th Planet from BJJ; it is integrated throughout all of the JJ classes. A class focused on half-guard might show lockdown->whip up->old school but then also cover a similar sweep from traditional half. So no, there are no strictly "10th Planet" classes at St. Paul but we are very much a 10th Planet school. It follows from Eddie's philosophy that 10th Planet is part of the larger world of BJJ. It is the 10th Planet philosophy that we never stop evolving and developing the art that is key to the 10PJJ mindset. We use what works and discard what doesn't. The rest is just semantics. Eddie has been in for seminars as have others (Cyborg Abreu was just here last year).

Both Tim and Nate are purple belts under Eddie and Tim is a certified Gracie Barra instructor in the gi. On top of that, Mario Roberto (to my knowledge, the highest ranking black belt in MN) teaches MMA and no-gi JJ on Saturday mornings. He is very welcoming of 10th Planet techniques and philosophy. Come on in and hang out for a while. We have a great group that is very friendly and welcoming and nobody intent on just going Hulk-smash on you. You'll get tapped, but nobody is douchy about it. Hope to see you there!

Array

School
    Napmakers of Minnesota Gracie garage
    i will be their for a month when i do the summer deal but i use gracie jiu jitsu as my jiu jitsu base.
    what moves should i add to my game starting out am 5'11 240lbs no long legs i now have masting the rubber guard dvd i get on wenesay

Array

School
    see i have adhd so learning for me vs learning for other people is alot harder then so that why i need to know if the online stuff is the way to go to start or if i need his books or his dvds plus teaching me stuff in a 1 min video is hard for me to pick up on

Array

School
    i forget say i use rubber guard on thursday but the guys at my gracie garage were not inpress by some of the moves i was doing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123