Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    looking very solid Rachael. it is obvious you are putting in a lot of time on the mats.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    Awesome matches Rach. Congrates on first, you looked great.
    Jigoro Kano → Tsunejiro Tomita → Mitsuyo "Count Koma" Maeda → Carlos Gracie, Sr. → Jean Jacques Machado → Eddie Bravo → Myself

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    Thanks.
    We'll see... I know I have things I need to work on. I show up to class and try to take as much in as I can. I am actually more nervous/scared to GET my blue belt than NOT to get my blue belt. I don't take it lightly.
    Perfect attitude to have
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    Thanks.
    We'll see... I know I have things I need to work on. I show up to class and try to take as much in as I can. I am actually more nervous/scared to GET my blue belt than NOT to get my blue belt. I don't take it lightly.
    I felt the same way! I almost didn't feel ready but now that I have it, it has given me even more motivation to keep training harder and start working on fine tuning the details of my game. I've seen, especially with women, Blue is when you come across the girls who are in it because they want to be, not because a boyfriend or someone else is training with them. The level of competition is much higher here in the Midwest when you get out of beginner.

As for the almost submissions, Naga is getting tough on forcing taps and protecting people from injury. I noticed it at my last naga and it got annoying having a ref in the way. I understand their reasoning but it still can throw you off when youre trying to do something with an additional hand in your way.

Great matches and keep showing those girls how tough you are!

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    looking very solid Rachael. it is obvious you are putting in a lot of time on the mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Valdez View Post
    Awesome matches Rach. Congrates on first, you looked great.
    Thank you very much.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    I felt the same way! I almost didn't feel ready but now that I have it, it has given me even more motivation to keep training harder and start working on fine tuning the details of my game. I've seen, especially with women, Blue is when you come across the girls who are in it because they want to be, not because a boyfriend or someone else is training with them. The level of competition is much higher here in the Midwest when you get out of beginner.

As for the almost submissions, Naga is getting tough on forcing taps and protecting people from injury. I noticed it at my last naga and it got annoying having a ref in the way. I understand their reasoning but it still can throw you off when youre trying to do something with an additional hand in your way.

Great matches and keep showing those girls how tough you are!
    I totally agree about blue is when you see the girls who really plan on sticking around. You and I both know there is a pretty big turnover of women in this sport. My gym stripes (even though we obviously don’t wear belts). I only have two so it will be awhile for me BUT I am here to stay!

And thanks!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You have nothing to worry about, you're a badass, might as well have that blue now. I'm about to go tap some blues in about 3 hours here and you have better transitions than me.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I am absolutely stunned that she did not tap to that Americana. That hurt just watching it.
    Great rolling Rachael!! Attack attack attack!!

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Nice job Rachael!!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    I am absolutely stunned that she did not tap to that Americana. That hurt just watching it.
    Great rolling Rachael!! Attack attack attack!!
    Well, The ref threw me off. He put his hands right on us. I honestly thought he was stopping it. But when he didn't, i was super confused. This is my first time doing NAGA and in reading the rules I read more than one time, you can be DQd talking to a ref during the match. I won both my match and took 1st, so I am not bitter!!

I always learn so much during my comp matches either way. This was my 5th competition this year...and I cant wait for my next one!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast