Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ

Got 1st in a local grappling tourny (with some ok Rubber G in action)

Our school was hosting a local martial arts event with grappling and had a few matches repping Lotus Club and of course the System as well (although my 10P rash G was dirty so had to use a lotus club rash G,sorry my fault doing things last minute). Hope you guys enjoy I entered in at 143 Intermediate although the im lightest of all my matches.Of course ill take all the advice you can give me the more the better

1st match against a 270 lbs kid (didnt look 270 to me but hey talk to the scale)

2nd match and againt my own team mate joseph "the untappable beast" (tips very much appreciated on this one)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTD1UZbWEs
    Finals match and sorry for giving excuses but my legs were jello from my 2nd match although i learned alot here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMknlczzAS0

Thanks again to 10th planet JJ, Lotus Club JJ,brandon and tyler and everyone else for all the help in the past and on this journey I hope to continue repping hard and proud the system

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    awesome stuff.. very nice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    how involved is it legally to host an event like this? Is it as simple as getting a venue, making a rule set and having everyone sign waivers?
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    For this particular event its hosted around 4 times in florida a year I believe, but this time outta the 4 our kung fu school helped host it but not by themselves. You can probably tell some serious kung fu going on in the background with all the kids screaming or Kyahing lol

I was only able to watch the 1st and 3rd fight.

First Fight: I thought you did well man! You worked the triangle in step by step. Nice one!

Third Fight: I feel like early in the fight when he was doing all that framing and posturing he left his neck open quite a bit (just my opinion). Watching the begining of the the last match reminded me alot what ryan hall talks bout in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yoaQjv2T4

I thought you had a nice sweep at 3:24 though. You could tell the dude was just kind of stalling at that moment. Well played good sir. Hope the video helps in some way.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Thanks for the vid love ryan halls stuff, but I didnt feel safe opening my guard against the last guy cause I thought he would immediately try to pass or ankle lock me which is what I like to do as soon as someone opens their guard, in hindsight I see quite a few things I could have done but sadly my cardio isnt up to par and after the 2nd match I was toasted

2nd match