Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouthguards

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    My problem is remembering to bring that fucker. After a blue belt wantin a scalp hopped on a guillotine with all the fury of Hades, which he should of, I learned. It was super tight and super strong, but not perfect. I could feel my molars being obliterated, but my ego wasn't ready to yield that day. I fought it for two minutes, tight as fuck, popped out and tapped him. Then I went and spit out four good size chunks of various molars out. Teeth don't heal. I still miss those chunks. Wear mouth guards.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    zog why are you attacking me? i told a guy not to power out of subs and to not resort to his strength advantage to win and it would help him be successful in jiujitsu. that is the truth. is it not?

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    ...might as well do catch wrestling if your goal is to win in class and hurt your training partners

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    My problem is remembering to bring that fucker. After a blue belt wantin a scalp hopped on a guillotine with all the fury of Hades, which he should of, I learned. It was super tight and super strong, but not perfect. I could feel my molars being obliterated, but my ego wasn't ready to yield that day. I fought it for two minutes, tight as fuck, popped out and tapped him. Then I went and spit out four good size chunks of various molars out. Teeth don't heal. I still miss those chunks. Wear mouth guards.
    Really? You lost chunks from some molars? That's crazy.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    ...might as well do catch wrestling if your goal is to win in class and hurt your training partners
    Yes,clearly that's what we are saying.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Scott. Zog don't hold grudges and he ain't mad. Just unyielding to proper advice. If you are confused as to why now, trust me one day you will understand.

I've been on your end before. Smarter for it and we are very much in love now.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    zog why are you attacking me? i told a guy not to power out of subs and to not resort to his strength advantage to win and it would help him be successful in jiujitsu. that is the truth. is it not?
    If by attacking you mean imparting some wisdom on you, then yes I am attacking you.

That is not what you told him, go back and read it.

Having a balance between hard and light rolling is essential to over all development in Jiu Jitsu. There are people on this very thread that I've imparted the idea of integrating some light rolling in their game, or more importanlty how to relax and flow when others are going hard. Goals dictate HOW you need to roll. I'm an advocate of both approcahes of rolling, however to tell someone to roll light without understanding the environment and conditions in which they are rolling is ignorant. I know Stew (who I know very well and trust ) has everything under control over there in the frosty north.

To difine terms:

Hard rolling doesn't mean roll like an asshole, it means to roll at full speed and resistance.

Light rolling is what I refer to as competiviely cooperative. Rolling at moderate speed and resistance.

How you roll with have a direct correlation with how you perfrom in those given enviroments.

If all you do is roll in the academy, them by all means just light roll, however thats what you will get good at. If you plan on competeing you better roll hard to get used to the resistance of a real monster, as thats who you will be facing, and they don't give a fuck how you roll in your gym.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 05-22-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Brian 'Barncat' Debes is the instructor of our now full on affiliate school. also, Im a 12 year blue belt. I was and am still very anti-gi, which living in Texas means your anti-rank. If any high level guys thought what i said was wrong, they woulda spoke up... but i didnt...i really did drop knowledge. roll softer. try to learn and train in class instead of trying to "win" ... trust me bro
    There's the problem.

Sam Sales

I think it is safe to say we all 'roll hard'. As Zog says, depends on the situation as to how you train. However unfortunately some guys (usually newer guys, or pharma grade ego monsters etc) roll 100% of the time with reckless abandonment for themselves and others. Those guys consider that rolling hard. That type of 'rolling hard' is where the problem lays. Especially in smaller training spaces.

With regard to mouthguards I would say here in the UK it is pretty 50/50 for people wearing/not wearing. Haven't seen many if any Brazilians wear them though.
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 05-22-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    My problem is remembering to bring that fucker. .
    That why I had two made. One in my purse and one in my gym bag. I also have a shitty boil-n-bite hanging around just incase. A mouthguard and a sports bra, and I'm set!!!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast