Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    the moment you put any outside pressure on the legs that turn the knee, you can be DQ'd for reaping the knee. Also Knee locks are prohibited from blue belt and below as far as I'm aware. I know that the Lockdown doesn't reap the knee but I did it in my last gym and was told by the coach that it would be illegal if I tried it in a competition and I would have been DQ'd. He's a regular referee, Judge and very highly regarded around here.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I've only rolled in one tournament, but I used lockdown like a MF'er, and had no issues.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu
    Rafa Mendes teaches a different style to Marcelo Garcia who teaches a different style to Renzo Gracie. Eddie is different again.

It's all still Jiujitsu!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Carlin View Post
    the moment you put any outside pressure on the legs that turn the knee, you can be DQ'd for reaping the knee. Also Knee locks are prohibited from blue belt and below as far as I'm aware. I know that the Lockdown doesn't reap the knee but I did it in my last gym and was told by the coach that it would be illegal if I tried it in a competition and I would have been DQ'd. He's a regular referee, Judge and very highly regarded around here.
    having competed several times in ibjjf tournaments....i can positively say the lockdown is completely legal. now the electric chair is illegal in some of the divisions, but the lockdown itself is fine.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Lock down is perfectly legal, your instructor was bullshitting you.

Electric chair is too, banana splits are legal at all levels IBJJF

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Who was it robert
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I train both Gi and Nogi BJJ... 10th Planet has different Philosophies as it is designed to work off of the CLINCH

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Cant imagine why he is highly regarded if he thinks the lockdown is illegal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    Cant imagine why he is highly regarded if he thinks the lockdown is illegal.
    I cry bullshit.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Judo and Greco Roman both have the same goal, take your opponent down. But Judo is tug-o-war based and Greco Roman is clinch based.

Bjj and tpjj both have the same goal, submit your opponent. But bjj is tug-o-war based and tpjj is clinched based.

Judo = bjj.
    Greco Roman = tpjj.

It's really that simple
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast