Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Keenan is still a brown belt right?
    Yep.

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    It'll be an interesting test for sure. No worries though. I think there needs to be a sarcasm font to avoid all confusion.

Is this gi or no gi?
    It's Gi I believe. I know that when it switched from Hall to Victor that it changed to a Gi match, if I recall correctly. I can't imagine they'd make it No Gi for Keenan considering he's made his mark in the Gi more-so than No Gi.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Keenan is still a brown belt right?
    I doubt for much longer.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I doubt for much longer.
    If so, I think it'll be because of IBJJF rules on competing. I believe it states that you must have been a brown belt for two years before you can compete as a black belt.

Array

School
    Ground Control
    Brown to Black is only a year as long as you're 18.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I like Keenan. I read a great interview with him and I was impressed with his outlook on a lot of things.

Being the noob that I am I could never forcast how he will do against black belts, but I know a lot of people are doubtful about his potential. I'm in the "wait and see" bracket. I'm sure he feels some massive pressure right about now.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    If so, I think it'll be because of IBJJF rules on competing. I believe it states that you must have been a brown belt for two years before you can compete as a black belt.
    One year and I believe he just recently passed his one year mark.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Miami WMB(Alliance Miami)
    He will be a brown belt for another year maybe two. He will put on a great show at Metamoris just he is not at the elite level yet. Gianni Grippo has a better comp record and i saw a video of him rolling with Gui Mendes and Gui killed him. If Gianni isnt at the Black belt level yet i dont think Keenan is. Yes gianni lost to Keenan before but Keenan is also 2-3 weight classes above him.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yeah but Sean Roberts and AJ Agazarm both just got their black belts and Keenan beat them by submission a couple times. Is Galvao now the man to decide when Keenan gets his black belt? He's head of Atos right?

To be fair the Mendes brothers make most black belts look like chumps
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    In all honesty, if some random hypothetical 32 year old lanky dude with a style exactly like Keenan's, came into your gym and wrapped and tapped your browns and black belt instructor multiple times, what would you classify him?

If you consistently win major comps at brown, it's time to move up. Keeping him at brown any longer than the minimum, is strictly grooming for immediate bb success. A subtle form of sandbagging. He clearly rolls and adapts at the highest level.

Just because the best of the best beat him is irrelevant. Those are the only ones who can, so they are who he should roll.

Oh, and Paulo will be a black belt world champ one day. Believe that. All the above applies to him too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast