Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: eddie vs royler

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Oh hell yeah!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Miami WMB(Alliance Miami)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Powers View Post
    That would be pretty idiotic if the match were in the Gi. Your enthusiasm is good, but Eddie has been utilizing a system for the last ten years that's specifically No Gi, and for all the hate he's been given you don't think he's more eager than anyone to prove it's effective?

Plus, no disrespect, but Royler would probably smash Eddie in the Gi. That's how Royler makes his living and that's his comfort zone. Everybody agrees the transition from Gi to No Gi is a lot easier than No Gi to Gi. Collar chokes, spider guard, different grips, these are all things that can come into play and despite Eddie's experience with the Gi, his lack thereof the past ten years would present a real problem, I think.
    If Eddie starts working with jean jacques in the next year he can get more comfortable with gi grips and utilize his technique to smash royler. Royler won't be able to stop the system nogi or gi. He is way to traditional.

Array

School
    Miami WMB(Alliance Miami)
    I think Marcelo as well could help Eddie, since they are friends and all.

Oh Fuck Yeah!

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Eddie's way stronger now than he ever was, the RG paths are well paved and his guard-recovery is amazing(as are most 10thPJJ players). Gonna be a tough fight for Royler, that's all I have to say, alot of pride going into this one, I'm excited

Array

School
    Marc Walder BJJ Academy, Essex, UK
    pumped

Array

School
    Best Way Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Feldman View Post
    If Eddie starts working with jean jacques in the next year he can get more comfortable with gi grips and utilize his technique to smash royler. Royler won't be able to stop the system nogi or gi. He is way to traditional.
    Eddie was training Gi with JJ his entire career before he came up with 10th Planet, so he comes from a Gi background. My point is that he has been utilizing this No Gi system for ten years, and has taken a lot of hate for it. So why after all this time, especially when their first match was No Gi, would Eddie have a Gi match with Royler? It makes zero sense. This is the ultimate opportunity for Eddie to prove the effectiveness of 10th Planet on the grandest stage. How can he do that in a Gi?

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    Eddie's way stronger now than he ever was, the RG paths are well paved and his guard-recovery is amazing(as are most 10thPJJ players). Gonna be a tough fight for Royler, that's all I have to say, alot of pride going into this one, I'm excited

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    There will be no more talk of the Gi in this thread.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    I think I read it somewhere on here and I absolutely agreed with it, so credit to whoever said it. It is much easier for Eddie to roll with guys that can emulate Royler's style than it is for Royler to roll with someone emulating Eddie's. It's one thing to pull guard, grab your leg and call it rubber guard, it is completely different rolling with someone who knows the path and doesn't use mission control as a stalling position. This is a big advantage to Eddie in my opinion. I am super excited for this!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456