Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I mean I see where you guys are coming from, but either way, some interesting matches could happen.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    To be honest I agree with Mike on the gi vs no gi - wasn't an issue for me and I like to see both. In terms of improvement they should definitely award decent bonuses for submissions. Hopefully that would encourage everyone to go for it. I'm not sold on the idea of awarding a bonus if you get submitted but it certainly is an interesting idea. Lastly, if anyone stalls or doesn't engage they don't get invited back to any future event. If Metamoris can be built as a ongoing premium event then the prospect of not getting invited back would hopefully be enough incentive to give a good contest.

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    There are people that would do it. Royce did it. It's an interesting idea I think, and not my idea originally. Eddie was the first I heard to suggest this format.
    Royce did it because no one else in the tournament knew anything about jiu jitsu. They chose all the fighters for the event, and Royce had even fought some of the guys before. Royce wasn't concerned about Art Jimmerson putting him in spider guard or anything like that. I'd be interested to know if this was true but I always heard that one of the big reasons they did it was to make Royce's size not as clear.

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    Everyone would buy the event if Marcelo were on it, but I'm pretty sure he is retired...
    Is this official now? As far as I knew he turned down ADCC because he has other business opportunities at the moment but stated that he has not retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'J-Faz' Farren View Post
    Is this official now? As far as I knew he turned down ADCC because he has other business opportunities at the moment but stated that he has not retired.
    This was the source: http://www.adcombat.com/adcc-without-marcelo-garcia

I guess he could always come in last minute but for now it looks like he's out. He has not officially retired bu that's more or less what it is. i don't think we've seen the very last of him on the mat, but for a while I expect not to.

The last time he competed was ADCC 2011, and before that. That's almost 2 years and I don't expect him to do the Worlds next year either. So at the earliest I'd say we could see him nack maybe in 2015?

it will really suck not seeing him at ADCC but if he really is backing away I think it's smart for him to go out on top.

I will definitely miss him choking the shit out of everyone with ease. 77kg this year is going to be wide the fuck open. So many people could take the gold now.

Oops double post

Array

School
    KJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    Royce did it because no one else in the tournament knew anything about jiu jitsu. They chose all the fighters for the event, and Royce had even fought some of the guys before. Royce wasn't concerned about Art Jimmerson putting him in spider guard or anything like that. I'd be interested to know if this was true but I always heard that one of the big reasons they did it was to make Royce's size not as clear.
    True. Also, once the world (and his opponents in PRIDE) started getting real good at jiujitsu/controlling people with the gi, Royce ditched the gi and went with standard MMA shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by mountveggie View Post
    True. Also, once the world (and his opponents in PRIDE) started getting real good at jiujitsu/controlling people with the gi, Royce ditched the gi and went with standard MMA shorts.
    Absolutely man totally agree

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    No sub = no winner. If it's a draw, the purse for both fighters is cut by 50%. Why even have judges if they're just going to call a draw?

I'd really like to see them implement the sudden death round kind of like at the East Coast camp. If it goes the distance, each fighter gets one minute from their dead-zone of choice. We go back and forth until there is at least one submission. If both fighters get a sub, the fastest sub wins.

I like Eddies yellow card idea if there's no sudden death round.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Hyatt View Post
    No sub = no winner. If it's a draw, the purse for both fighters is cut by 50%. Why even have judges if they're just going to call a draw?

I'd really like to see them implement the sudden death round kind of like at the East Coast camp. If it goes the distance, each fighter gets one minute from their dead-zone of choice. We go back and forth until there is at least one submission. If both fighters get a sub, the fastest sub wins.

I like Eddies yellow card idea if there's no sudden death round.
    You can't reduce both by 50% if not sub. They will conspire to give a sub so they can get full purse.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast