Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ

Today I Learned :)

So today, I did a GI competition (Dream BJJ), it was a great tournament, well organized, cheap, but also gave each competitor 3 matches.

My first match lasted under 2 minutes, I hit the Berimbolo, sunk in a deep kimura (which to my opponents credit), he defended very very well... I switched to a basic collar choke and got the win. Winning is winning, but there is just something extra awesome about your opponent tapping.

Match #2- I pulled guard and butterfly swept my opponent from New Jersey (even in the gi, I love playing rubber guard), I end up in his butterfly half, I pass it to side control (score at 5-0). He gets to turtle position and I immediately sync in the darce, roll over my opponent... make him turn purple, but he breaks out and arm bars me oh well, live and learn.

Match #3- Similar story I rack up points from a sweep and a pass to mount that gets me to 7-0. While from mount, I have the option to stall out and win by points... but I decided that I entered this tournament to do Jiu-Jitsu (not hump my opponent for 6 minutes)... I sync in 5 tight submissions, but the son of a bitch broke out of each one, I think he was made out of the stuff Gumby is made out of... and he was quite taller then me (he was 6'5, I'm 6'0 even... I'm not used to taller opponents). I wind up losing the match 9-10 and I was left exhausted to the point I couldn't stand up at the end of the match.

Anywho, I went 1-2 for the day, but I came out learning a ton.... especially some improvements that I need to make with the SYSTEM TECHNIQUES as well as my SQUEEZE and CONDITIONING.

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)
    Sounds Gr8.. Nice work bro. Cheers!! 10P4L

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    sounds awesome, any videos?

good work

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Nice.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    10P4L

No I didn't get any videos

Thanks Slick Rick, I'm hoping to make a trip down to Costa Mesa one of these days.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Good Shit Congrats!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Awesome. Sounds like you got some great experience off of this. I wish we had tournaments like this where I live.

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ
    Congrats brotha!