Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sam Sales

Competing again. Starting this weekend.

Hey guys. So as some of you know, I am coming off a pretty serious sternum and costal cartilage injury (hairline fracture, twice), so I have only been back training about 3 weeks or so, and I have been easing myself back in to make sure I don't do it for a 3rd time too haha. Anyway, probably a stupid idea, but as training has been going OK injury seems to be OK, I have decided to compete this weekend at a no-gi comp.

It is common knowledge I am not a huge comp guy. I hate dieting, and all that shit, it makes me miserable, so I usually only do 1 comp per year, but as I have been on a plant based whole foods diet for a few months now my diet is pretty on point anyway. Also because I haven't been training for a comp it is really nice to be able to go compete with no pressure (that I put on myself) and expectations. Just going to go and have fun. Plus TBH I was left feeling pretty inspired by Eddie and Royler.

This is the beginning of me getting on the comp scene hard for the next few years. Am 32 now so hopefully got a few years left in me yet to smash it.

Will let you guys know how I get on on Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to catching up with Chris Garry and and other 10p Birmingham guys at the comp too. Thanks for reading.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Good luck mate

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Know it will go well for you.

All the best for the comp Sam. Out of interest where is it at, as some of us up North have been hitting some comps and are on the look out for others.

Sam Sales

It is in Gillingham I believe. Tuff grappling challenge or something it is called.

Sam Sales

Thank you everybody. Will try my best.

Good luck man kill it

Array

School
    10th planet Joensuu
    Have fun!! I think that competition is good opportunity to learn even if itīs not the main focus. It is nice way to face reality and test your nerve control. Good luck!!!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Careful Sam, 3 weeks isn't much heal time. Don't get me wrong I probably wouldn't sit out either just be aware. Good luck man

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Oh read it wrong. Youve been back training 3 weeks nevermind then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast