Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    He blasted out of that triangle but had a lot of solid technique going on.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    He just has that Lovato pressure passing down

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    That kinda power+that kinda tech= FUCK!

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nall View Post
    I think it's a stretch and maybe over analyzing to break out all those percentages like that. Saying that a person going for a takedown is at 60% and someone defending is at 40%, I don't know but I don't think it's that simple. Sometimes people are defending harder than the person shooting.

I think the best way to sweep him is a tight open guard where you can keep the inside track. if you want that to be spiral, fine. Just make sure you're doing it right. I'd say the heavy majority of people using spiral/rdlr do it wrong.

I like Marcelo's strategy in studying opponents which obviously won't work for everyone. he just watches how they start the match. Nothing else. He doesn't want to get caught up in thinking about what the other person does. He just wants to do his game. Obviously the other approach works good too, everyone is different
    Yes it is over analyzing it, but the point is to find a way for your opponent to use more energy than you. Or at least the same amount. the percents are only for description purposes and are completely variable. This is really only true with people match technically very close as these two are.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Zog. How do you post Xzibit face?

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    The match was at 155, with day before weigh ins. Denny is a 145'er. He walks at 158-160, he cut 5 pounds max for this match. The match should have been set for 145 day before weigh ins. Denny should've done what 95% of UFC fighters do, cut mad weight, then do all the right things to get your body back including getting on 2 IV bags right after the weigh in. If Rader was forced to cut to 145, he wouldn't have had such a big strength advantage. From now on Denny will cut weight like your average UFC fighter. This, will make all the difference in the world. At 145 Denny doesn't get over powered. Just like Nick Lentz, Frankie Edgar, Kenny Florian, Manny Gamburyan, George Roop etc., Denny is now a permanent 145er
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    The match was at 155, with day before weigh ins. Denny is a 145'er. He walks at 158-160, he cut 5 pounds max for this match. The match should have been set for 145 day before weigh ins. Denny should've done what 95% of UFC fighters do, cut mad weight, then do all the right things to get your body back including getting on 2 IV bags right after the weigh in. If Rader was forced to cut to 145, he wouldn't have had such a big strength advantage. From now on Denny will cut weight like your average UFC fighter. This, will make all the difference in the world. At 145 Denny doesn't get over powered. Just like Nick Lentz, Frankie Edgar, Kenny Florian, Manny Gamburyan, George Roop etc., Denny is now a permanent 145er
    Awesome.

Rader is the perfect guy for that pp system. He has short limbs, strong, fast, big at his weight....I feel like it is a package extremely hard to emulate in training and therefore extremely hard to deal with in person.

My opinion on a rematch strategy would be to go for guard styles that keep the pressure off....dlr and rdlr are perfect. It's not ever as easy as it seems, but that's why the mendes brothers have so much success against passing monsters.

Idk, rader would eat my soul on the mat so my opinion may not mean much, but that's my two cents

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    That was amazing man. Great match. Denny, your flexibility is totally fucking amazing.
    Rader did not look to be in the same weight category to me. Was that just my imagination??

Like others have said, what an epic battle. I was on the edge of my seat man. Of course I was emotionally invested in the match, being a 10P head, but that was great to finally watch. For sure it could have been over with that triangle. Awesome match.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Eddie, they've both have always done feather with same day weigh ins?

Or are you saying Denny is going down to light feather?

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Eddie, they've both have always done feather with same day weigh ins?

Or are you saying Denny is going down to light feather?
    Yeah that confused me too

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456