Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    currently searching

ankle lock from getting your back taken?

Hi im not experienced and my friend isn't so good either, but some time ago when i was rolling with him, he got to my back, and as i defended, instead of pulling one hook out and scooting my butt out to escape, i just stuck his ankle into the crook of my knee, the same side leg and hip thrust, and he tapped really fast from it

has anyone else done this, and is it in actual move?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    its a move but you can defend it with foot posture (especially if they have no pants or tights). I had to slop-scramble my way to the truck one time to defend it. There is a really cool one to sub someone that has a body triangle on you. I really hesitate to give this up because its a go to for myself and one of my training partners but its not exactly secret.

GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    currently searching
    close instead of a body triangle, its 2 hooks and i would wrap one hook with the same side leg (the top part of his foot, with the crook of my knee), do leg curls, and hip thrust, and it would act like an inside heel hook

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I Understood you. This part of my post was addressing the sub youre talking about,

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    its a move but you can defend it with foot posture (especially if they have no pants or tights). I had to slop-scramble my way to the truck one time to defend it.
    The vid is a different situation, yes.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Tieu View Post
    Hi im not experienced and my friend isn't so good either, but some time ago when i was rolling with him, he got to my back, and as i defended, instead of pulling one hook out and scooting my butt out to escape, i just stuck his ankle into the crook of my knee, the same side leg and hip thrust, and he tapped really fast from it

has anyone else done this, and is it in actual move?
    It's an oldie.

Array

School
    currently searching
    oh ok I appreciate the reply's ive seen Osianders video before too, i think in the split second moment, I went for it thinking of him lol

also i was wondering why no one really hits it when they get their backs taken, is it kind of one of those disrespectful moves, because it was pretty easy and fast to hit, but i also wonder if i was rolling with a higher level opponent there might be some way out
    Last edited by Mike Tieu; 06-30-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    I use this quite regularly. I've also often wondered why more people don't do it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Why dont people use blankcounter? Common question we white belts ask ourselves.

Let me just directly attempt to answer your question first. Is there a defense or counter to the counter? lol. Yes, dont cross your ankles with your hooks in, foot posture and forcing the opnt to address serious threats to their neck come to mind.

So as a white belt when we learn an awesome counter we always ask ourselves, why doesn't everyone use this? I hope you realize Im going to get bitched at for writing too long a response. Reality is that jiu jitsu is like endless counter to counters to counters. For example gokor has an awesome knee bar that you can use on people that get you in spiderweb. Yet that doesn't negate spiderweb as a super legit position. Nor does it mean that when you put someone n spiderweb you are hoping that they dont know the sweet knee bar. Essentially we are going to keep countering each other until a point is reached when one person's attack is more polished that the other guys defense.

hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will give you a better answer.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 07-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    GO SHARKS!

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Armbar counter at 7:30

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Yeah, thats the kneebar I was thinking of. Probably saw it on this episode of Rolled Up.
    GO SHARKS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast