Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

ginger snap. gotta give respect where its due.

hey i was just wondering who it was exactly that showed that crazy move in a competition? ive been working on it with a friend and were both really loving it. i just wanted to say thanks where its due.

whoever thought there would be a submission from being in someones side mount.

i wouldnt mind comparing notes with the guy as well. what im doing works but id like any help thats available.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    His name is Chad Allen, he trains with me. He was thinking about making an instructional.

Sam Sales

Just seen it. Very slick.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny Rocha View Post
    His name is Chad Allen, he trains with me. He was thinking about making an instructional.
    thanks mate, i knew i had read about it a few weeks ago. couldnt believe it. i dont know if i feel comfortable enough with it to give up half guard or full guard for it but a life saver in a bad situation as well as a great counter. im going to look into it more for sure.

Array

School
    btw does it count as a bicep crush?

Sam Sales

Looks like some kinda weird hybrid inverted armbar/kimora with some kind of lockdown on the arm. VERY creative. Would love to see a tutorial Manny. Plead with Chad to 'get on the case' please bro haha

I thought the Ginger snap was this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRQfhol860k Thats pretty slick tho +1 for a tutorial

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    btw does it count as a bicep crush?
    Its part bicep crush, part kimura/cop lock.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Pretty sure he's waiting to do an instructional when we make sure it doesnt have an obvious counter. Just to let everyone know, I am speaking for him, but he did mention that making an instructional would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Rocha View Post
    JM, "Red" De Groot, 10th Planet purple from Canada, had a video on the "Ginger Snap" almost three years ago. The video is now set to private (link below) but I'm pretty sure he came up with it because it was exactly the same move and he is a ginger...

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/archive/...php/t-993.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast