Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Good shit! I taught this last week, but I used "Flexibility tricks" next time I will do it the easy way

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    I like the detail on reaching through past the leg and grabbing the shoulder, it seems like it locks you in position and makes everything higher %.

thank you!

Array

School
    Ronin & Project: Cauliflower Ear
    Got it, thanks for the response.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    I've been hitting the Mono often when rolling since I learned it during your session at the East Coast Camp, very powerful and a core part of my game. Thank you sir!
    Same here. I love taking it when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    I like the detail on reaching through past the leg and grabbing the shoulder, it seems like it locks you in position and makes everything higher %.

thank you!
    Yep. Brandon's a humble guy so he'll deny it, but IMO he improved on Marcelo's entry with that under the leg grip.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    I likes. Def like the ground & pound trapping

Brandon, I only log in here once a year so I didn't know you were promoted. But I am so so happy to see/hear that. Very well deserved honor for one of my favorite 10th Planet players in the whole world, no hyperbole. Congrats my friend.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by David 'Lo Pan' Callaham View Post
    Brandon, I only log in here once a year so I didn't know you were promoted. But I am so so happy to see/hear that. Very well deserved honor for one of my favorite 10th Planet players in the whole world, no hyperbole. Congrats my friend.
    This made my night, buddy. I'm really hoping you're able to follow through on your plans to visit North Alabama sometime. It would be an incredible honor to have you at our school. Just be sure to bring that helmet. I miss it
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Hey Brandon.. remember that one time you got me in this move? 8 times... every time we roll... yeah.. me too, jerk. -.-

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    awesome video man, as a foreigner im also digging the accent. really nicely done. im just wondering, do you always go straight to the monoplata? ive always thought that since the mounted gogoplata is there testing that first and then going to mono is better cos getting back into gogo from mono is harder than visiting it on the way. watching your video though im wondering if sliding along the back helps make the mono tighter. no disrespecting, white belt to brown belt etc, its my favourite move and i wanna understand it inside and out. congrats on the promotion btw. i really like the whole idea of moving your entire body around to get the control perfect. awesome stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post

thank you!
    i think of it kind of the same way as the hook you get in the meat hook. getting your fingers wrapped around the edge of the deltoid to bring in your hand grip strength instead of just having your hand on his shoulder.

I work that position quite a bit. Love the base shift on top. Also good presentation and teaching style.
    Keep your stick on the ice TO THE 10TH POWER!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast