Array

School
    KJJ

1st visit to the US, 1st visit to 10th Planet!

Just got home from a 3 week holiday in the US. Gotta admit, the main reason why I flew across the world (from Singapore - it's literally at the other end of the globe and a couple of shitty, unbelievably long plane rides away) was to visit Mickey Mouse and friends at Disney World.

In the meantime, I dropped by Vegas, Hollywood, Universal Studios and 10th Planet HQ.

Gotta say, the 2 sessions at 10th Planet were among the highlights of my entire trip. Yup, being on the mat and meeting all the wickedly cool people at the gym was even better than Vegas, Hollywood, and some Disney parks.

Big thanks to everyone for the hospitality, and giving me tips on improving my game while beating my ass (I've been restricted to 100% gi-only bjj for the past year, and it REALLY showed offensively - no handles = no control).

Eddie - It's amazing (and refreshing) to see that you're actually EXACTLY the same cool, energetic dude in real life as you are in the videos/podcasts. Thanks for replying those emails and letting me train with you guys.

Scott - Damn! Those were the 2 best private lessons ever - by a freakin' mile and a half. You should totally teach for a living. Oh wait, you do. Appreciate your help with detailed directions to the TapouT gym, and for radically improving my understanding of the rubber guard (and a few other neat moves). Can't wait to get back on the mats and practice all that new stuff.

Rob - Thanks for the warm welcome and for an intro to the gym, and of course, for your outstanding work on EBR and MTS. Absolutely love these shows (they're always on my mobile), keep the great content coming!