Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knee advice

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    I strained my lcl trying to gogo a guy in a tournament to get him to move. He put all his weight on me!!! Owwwww! Still beat him though but taught me a valuable lesson . . . I was flat on my back and in a bad position to even try the move. I don't blame rubber guard it was the way I was using it. However, you should talk to the doc. My LCL is still a little sore so I am training my weak side for a while.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    DanConway shall now be known as "TheMAN" Conway. Thank you brother. Pre-emptive. I want to stop this before it starts.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I've been playing rg for about 14 years now and I'm still using it every night I roll. That being said, if I were you Kurzy, I would not play RG for a few months and really work your lotus. Get in full lotus and just sit there for 10 minutes at a time a few times a day. And ad squats to your weekly routine to strengthen your legs.

Just my 2 cents #alittletussinwonthurteither :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    Proper rehab and most importantly KNEE AND BODY PREHAB exercises that everyone in the fam should be doing, but doesn't should have no trouble lifting this burden from you mind.. I sent you a pm with some content that should be of much value. ;]
    dont keep that info a secret bro. Whats up with this prehab?

Array

School
    I work my legs hard on leg day, no lack of exercise there. My legs are quite strong. I could stand to work lotus though, but I am afraid that might cause more harm than good....

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    I'm not sure what the health system in Canada is like but if you can find a really good sports physio I would see them immediately. Anytime I have an issue I see the physio and between treatment and rehab exercises he usually fixes me up in no time. It is important, if you do see a health professional, to take their advice. It can be hard being told to take some time off training but the risk is you will injure yourself more by rolling whilst injured.

On another note, I have had knee issues my entire adult life and have found taking glucosamine and fish oil (or now krill oil) beneficial.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    Proper rehab and most importantly KNEE AND BODY PREHAB exercises that everyone in the fam should be doing, but doesn't should have no trouble lifting this burden from you mind.. I sent you a pm with some content that should be of much value. ;]
    could u post that up here or send me a pm as well? cheers dude

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    tbh, im in teh same boat. im going to a physio soon and im getting myself a brace tomorrow. ive also changed to using my bad rubber guard.

my question is with the lotus, i can get into it fine with both legs and have them both on the ground and even lie down a bit. my knee still hurts. does the lotus actually strengthen the knee joint?

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    . does the lotus actually strengthen the knee joint?
    No, it is beneficial though because it gives your hip a rotating flexability.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    i was thinking lotus helps prevent knee injury by making the hip flexible but getting into lotus stresses the knee some untill you have that hip flexibility?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast