Thread: *Help please*

*Help please*

I was wondering if any of you guys could help me out by suggesting or recommending any workouts I can use to help with my grappling. Have a rough idea of what to do, just a little unsure and wanted any advice you guys could pass my way.

Thanks in advance.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    grappling in itself is the best way to work all the right muscles. so if its a toss up between working out at a gym and getting more jitz in, go for jitz.

yoga seems to compliment jiu jitsu really well as it tones and strengthens your muscles, increases flexibility and can help with strong joints etc. (vague description sorry, im sure others can add to it)

i think core workouts are super important to everything, general life, jiu jitsu whatever. so not just sit ups for your abs but make sure you work on your obliques, back muscles such as your lumbar (low part of your back) and your abs. there are exercises you can do to work your deep abs which can add that bit extra spine support and core strength.

here is eddie talking about flexibility and squeeze game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OktcKhtMQ88 its really a good thing to work on holding a strong squeeze for a long time. that kind of skeletal strength can shock people.

even though we mostly all do no gi i think hand strength is really important as well. so what i did is buy two stress balls which i squeeze and hold to improve hand strength, but there are proper rubber rings of different strengths that you can also use.

apart from that, being explosive in your training can be really helpful aswell.

its not detailed exercises sorry but i hope it helps. i can post up more detailed stuff if you want. im sure others will too.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Well, what I do is very simple: two core barbell power moves that I track by weight, followed by conditioning complexes that I track by time.
    For example: over head press and front squat followed by a countdown complex (5 movements done for 5 4 3 2 1 reps each as I cycle through them) followed by active rest (usually light rope skipping), mobility training and then more runs through the complex until the time I've scheduled for the gym is up, and it's time for Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Pilates
    Yoga
    Mobility exercises

All of this helps. Pilates/yoga with core strength and flexibility. The mobility exercises help with your dexterity. I also recommend a light back work out and an Ab work out as well. It's all about your core. But all in all, if you want to be better at Jiu Jitsu, just do more Jiu Jitsu. I do those things a few nights a week after Jiu Jitsu class. But I'm trying to get back in shape so...
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    You want to get really strong use a gi.

Use it for assisted one handed pull ups, bundle it for elevated pushups and use it with some soap to clean the equipment before use

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Jiu Jitsu is the best thing to help your Jiu Jitsu
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Headquarters
    I got the Iron Gym pull-up bar with the hanging straps for abs. You can look up things to do with it on YouTube, but even doing the basics will give you close to a full body work out. One of the things that's great about it is that you can just bang out a few quick pull ups here and there and they add up.
    Your Guests Will be Amazed and Laugh Harder Than Ever Before or Your Show is FREE!
    Los Angeles Magician