Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    If you notice all the techniques there, the guillotine is closest to the modern day version. It's been polished up a little, sure. (Lockdown/lotus, hand grips...) But, the others are miles away from their modern, more refined versions. It's the only move that controls the hips also...

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    I saw that too when I was at NAGA a couple wks away, I was like hey there's the twister ha ha!!! Would've been sick to have seen Bruce Lee (and even his son Brandon RIP both) compete in MMA or nogi grappling...

Array

School
    Ronin
    If I recall correctly, The Tao of JKD pics were all tracings of pics from existing books. The Muay Thai pics are traced from Muay Thai Dynamite and the wrestling is traced straight from one of Judo Gene's books.
    As I got the story, Tao of JKD was never meant to be published (and was published only after Lee's death), it was Lee's personal notes, and that is why it lacks proper attribution and references as to where all the quotes (check them out, they are mostly from Mao, Buddha and an Indian Guru, not Bruce Lee originals) and pics come from.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    If I recall correctly, The Tao of JKD pics were all tracings of pics from existing books. The Muay Thai pics are traced from Muay Thai Dynamite and the wrestling is traced straight from one of Judo Gene's books.
    As I got the story, Tao of JKD was never meant to be published (and was published only after Lee's death), it was Lee's personal notes, and that is why it lacks proper attribution and references as to where all the quotes (check them out, they are mostly from Mao, Buddha and an Indian Guru, not Bruce Lee originals) and pics come from.
    That is correct. Guro Dan did most of the ghost editing. The boxing was from Crosnier, I believe. However, those are Bruce's sketches of material he was interested in FROM those books, not reproductions of the source material pictures. He was a gifted artist. If you get the Bruce Lee series circa 1997 ish and pick up Commentaries on the Martial Way, it's a more complete look at what he was doing with those notes in relation to JKD. Regardless, it's very interesting to see that out of all the pics he could have chosen to do, the Twister is towards the top.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Thanks, Sam!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12