Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores

Post Workout Drink...??

I'm looking for suggestions. Sean and I need a natural/organic/semi-natural post work out drink/shake. Something to help build our muscles back up after we break them down.

I only train four nights a week and I'm waking up super sore everyday, esp. The past month. I was thinking it was bc we've had so many big guys in class, but there haven't been that many this week and I'm still kicking myself to get out of bed in the morning.

Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

:-)
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

I'm 39 and train about 14 hours a week I use Optimum Nutrition 2:1:1 I think it works but it is the only recovery supplement I have ever used. I start drinking it about halfway into my workout.

Ingredients
    Carbohydrate Blend (Glucose Polymers, Fructose, Sucrose, Waxy Maize Starch), Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Isolate, Micellar Casein, Egg Albumen, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine), Cocoa(Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Salt, Lecithin, Sucralose.
    <b>ALLERGEN INFORMATION:</b> Contains Milk, Egg, And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients.

Not sure how you feel about those ingredients

Array

School
    colorado bjj
    Afterglow make me feel alright not sure what the ingredients are but a lot of people in the jiu jitsu community recommend it

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    What are your macros looking like? PWO only helps if everything else is in line

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Thanks guys, I will check those out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    What are your macros looking like? PWO only helps if everything else is in line
    I don't keep track. I probably could with Fitness Pal or some other app. What do you suggest Gray? I'm new at this. I don't keep track of anything, I should. I'm not trying to get cut or anything like that, neither is Sean. We just need something to keep us from feeling like we got in a car wreck the night before.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    http://www.athsportsnutrition.com/shop/muscle-recovery/

Anyone try this before? All organic..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Ive never taken a post workout shake that's made a noticeable difference to me. The food I eat after a workout makes a difference though.

People's opinion on hemp protein? Hype?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Hi Tori,
    I will pound down coconut water with pulp, then eat a hearty meal when I get home. If you are talking about losing weight, skip the meal and go for a protein shake. The guys at Nutrishop hooked me up with something called pro-7. It's like a chocolate shake protein mix. I'm sure it's not exclusive to them, however.

I'm a believer in eating hearty meals for replenishment.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post

I'm a believer in eating hearty meals for replenishment.
    Heard that.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Water. I'm 43, skateboard A LOT at the skatepark, and if I don't drink water during and/or afterwards, I get really stiff...in a bad way. Drinking lots of water does the trick though; it's like oil for your muscles and joints. It's a lot easier to bend down, get up, etc. when I'm property hydrated. Good luck.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast