Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    I promoted myself to batman......... will this affect my status in either the gi or nogi/10th planet community?

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    It only affects your Robin, Rick

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    I see the belt system going to shit in the next ten years anyway....

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Elliott View Post
    This guy is actually from my area. I have a very strong suspicion that they are riled up over the new 10th Planet Moon that recently opened and they are feeling a little threatened.
    That explains EVERYTHING

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You can't promote yourself? Fuck
    So, bjj isn't judo. .. Helio "created" it... and under this guys definition we're a different art/system. So the guy that made your art, bjj, can literally take every aspect of judo including the uniform and its precious belt and mold it to a new art. An that's cool, but some one else does the exact same thing and their "retarded" and have no right to using the same ranking system simply out of continuity. By this guy's logic BJJ shouldn't even have belts cause they didn't come from judo. Am judo shouldn't have belts cause they didn't come from karate. An karate shouldn't have belts cause they didn't come from kung fu. An kung fu shouldn't have had sashes because they probably got that from some where else. What a moron.

Ps: does this mean I get my masters degree now?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Hasn't eddie stated that he just keeps the belt system in order to annotate people's progression in a way everybody understands? Personally, i have always found 10th P guys to state clearly that they are "10th Planet Purples"etc... anyways.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Deeeeep sigh!!!!!!!!!! Move on!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla Academy View Post
    Hey guys, I am Brian Jones the person in the video about no-gi black belts.

There is quite a bit of hate directed here at me for making the video at the beginning of this post.

First, I think the title of this thread was a bit misleading. Second, most of the comments seem to be just personal insults rather than arguments against my points. Did anyone bother to watch the follow-up video?

I mean, Kurzy above, who I'm sure is a great grappler and thoughtful person admitted that he didn't even watch the whole video. I think this is a topic for discussion rather than name calling. After all, I'm just stating my opinion. If you don't agree with it then put forth an argument rather than just calling me a douchebag.

Here is the video response in case you haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky7AgEJfrvg

Brian
    You cant be serious, of course there is hate direct at you, happens when you say stupid shit. You call no-gi grapples frauds in the comment section of your video which completely justifies the title of this thread.

"Thanks guys! Anyone walking around with a no-gi belt or a belt they have just 'decided' to give themselves is as much a fraud as someone who prints up a college degree with Microsoft office and claims to have gone to school."

I dont think no-gi grappelrs should use belts for ranking in fact i dont really value raking all that much but calling people frauds is ridicules. Your response video should have been recognizing where you where incorrect and apologizing, not backpedaling like a pussy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    I promoted myself to batman......... will this affect my status in either the gi or nogi/10th planet community?
    The IBJJF only recognizes Spider-Man, the Hulk, and Captain Insane-o as ranks other than blue, purple, brown, black. Sorry Ric

However you can probably still do NAGA.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast