Why do people hate on Tito Ortiz?

I'm watching the Bellator that is promoting Ortiz vs. Rampage and it had me thinking, why does Tito get a bad rap. I've met a few Tito fans, but mostly he seems like a lot of fans whipping boy. I think Tito is kinda badass. As far as I can think, he was the first fighter in the UFC to make a real living (around the time of UFC 40 when he fought Shamrock). The guy was the first heavy-weight champion when he beat Wandi, ran the division with an iron fist until started losing to Randy and Chuck. For me, the feud with the lions den and ken shamrock was the first fight were I thought my head would explode when they touched gloves in the octagon. His apparel company doesn't suck and he came back and fought after career ending spine surgery in his neck and back.

I guess the knock on Tito is he kinda held on to the belt by dodging Chuck Liddell. But in Tito's defense, he fought Chuck twice and took a good licking. Also there are probably a lot of things that go down around putting together a fight, but in Tito's case Dana always liked to make Tito's reluctance public.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Personally I don't hate the guy either, I'm a big fan of Chael and the Diaz brothers and those guys talk just as much sh** as Tito. I think people feel Tito ribs them because he sometimes comes across as arrogant (similar to the feelings haters have towards Jones) and that Tito may have overplayed the whole Ken Shamrock rivalry.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    I don't hate him but I got tired of hearing before every fight how he was finally 100% healthy with no injuries. He had the very best preparation and training camp ever and then after he loses the fight he talks about how he was carrying an injury the whole time and it is not an excuse but it hampered his performance.

Array

School
    In my mind
    I lost respect a long while back when he came in waving the American and Mexican flags. When the interview started he says...whoa man, I don't speak Spanish. Really Ortiz?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    He's over dramatic and a huge goofball. I mean, he means well. He's a good hearted guy. I remember on TUF, he passionately coached his guys and really cared about those guys. But at the same time, his constant talk of injuries, having a cracked skull, his post fight interviews.....the guy's a huge goof. I don't dislike him. I just think he's funny to laugh at.

Enjoy:

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    I don't hate him but I got tired of hearing before every fight how he was finally 100% healthy with no injuries. He had the very best preparation and training camp ever and then after he loses the fight he talks about how he was carrying an injury the whole time and it is not an excuse but it hampered his performance.
    Tito sounds like a Brazilian fighter, going into the fight, thanks to god he's 100%, and then after the loss he has his manager wheel him to the press conference in a wheel chair (but of course not taking anything away from his opponent

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    How old are you? He was a typical dumb-shit bleached hair, so-cal "Badboy" with all the shit talking of chael sonnen and none of the intelligence humor or tact. He was a good wrestler and a great athlete but an empty head.