Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    If you want to win a championship you have to win convincingly. You have to TAKE the belt...its not going to be given to you. In a close fight the judges will always side with the champ.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I don't understand why people are calling it a robbery. Imo a robbery is a lot more one sided and it doesn't go his way. That fight was very close and could have gone either way. I also heard the doc was going to stop it inbetween the 4th and 5th becAuse of the cut jones had but jones and McCarthy begged the doc not to stop it. They both went through a war, during the score card reading I had no idea who won. I'm surprised all 3 judges went with jones I figured it would of been a mix bag and don't get me started on the 49-46

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanboor View Post
    If you want to win a championship you have to win convincingly. You have to TAKE the belt...its not going to be given to you. In a close fight the judges will always side with the champ.
    Unless your name is Benson Henderson..Or Frankie Edgar when he took it from Penn.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Rounds 1 and 3 went to Gus for sure. 4 and 5 went to Jones. So with round 2 being so close it could have gone either way. This really isnt a robbery. I scored round 2 for Gus giving him the decision 48-47. Great fight regardless and regardless of the outcome the fans won.

Gonna rewatch today to see how I feel about that assessment.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Could have easily been a draw. It looked really bad for Gus especially in the 4th and 5th. Great to see Jones get super tested against a tough striker with awesome TD defence. I loved the fight regardless too. Could have gone either way. Im not disappointed at all. I knew there was a strong possibility that they both were heading for the ER.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanboor View Post
    Exactly. Winning by decision is very hard when fighting the champ. You need a landslide, a complete domination. I had the fight at 3-2 Gus, maybe even 4-1. BUT, you must finish the champ.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Yeah it's not the robbery people think it is. I scored it for Gus, personally. But one round was definitely a toss up round. I think what hurt Gus was that he was running and disengaging a lot in the first 3 rounds. Judges will often score for the fighter moving forward.

I think Gus earned the win, but I don't think he was robbed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Jones won the fight according to Fight Metric.http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/09/...icial-ufc.html
    this is how I think fight should be decided more or less. In this case though jones only "won" due to leg kicks, which didnt seem to have an effect on the swed, not even redness or bruising, although the oblique kick doesnt cause a lot of redness. Still look at the strikes to the head. (why was joe calling the front leg, side-kick to the upper leg "elliptical kick" ? Its called an oblique kick?)

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I was more impressed with Gus overall, he took like 5 solid headkicks to the face and took them like they were glancing jabs. What are Swedish people made out of?!

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I was more impressed with Gus overall, he took like 5 solid headkicks to the face and took them like they were glancing jabs. What are Swedish people made out of?!
    Lol, that's kinda racist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast