Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)

Anyone want to share some of their whip up tips?

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering because I have been having difficulty getting a good whip up on experienced guys. I am just fine at doing the whip up if my opponent is around my level. If I'm against a real good wrestler that is also blue belt level in jits or better and guys that has some weight that they use well on top makes my whip ups hard to nail. I usually can get enough room to get to my side, but its a fight and sometimes I get stuck fighting in half guard which can go either way sometimes. I like the clean whip ups where you make them superman their arms and you have plenty of room to get in position, but haven't been hitting them now I'm trying to roll with better guys and probably need a few pointers to tighten up my lockdown/whip up making it more effective.

I appreciate any input,
    Thanks 10p warriors

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    By the way, my school does much more Gi than No-Gi, so I don't know if this affects the effectiveness of my whip up (I know the gi pants on both people gives the lockdown some wicked traction though!) I know that it effects my No-Gi game because I'm not as proficient at No-Gi as I am in Gi now. I used to be strictly No-Gi, but I love the school I'm at now and would like to supplement it with additional training rather than find a place that does more No-Gi. I will when I get the money!

Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)
    Sorry guys, there was a recent post addressing a similar issue. No responses necessary.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Hey dude! Didnt see the recent post, but i dont teach my students to "whip up", but rather just focus on getting to their side.
    I find that way more effective.

When tought the old school way whip up, you'd get double underhooks and then let them go again to whip up. After struggling with that for a long time, i just decided to keep the underhooks and scoot myself to my side as fast as possible, not letting go of the underhooks at all. Im not aaying the other way doesnt work, it just didnt work that well for me. Too much empasis ob whipping thw guy directly up instead of YOU getting on your side.

Use your lockdown to help you lift the guy if you want, but i prefer just getting on my side however possible.

Hope this helps.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Hit up Derek from Omaha to get tips on the Omaha Whip up. Its Powerful!
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    once you get the under hook, punch up to the sky
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Epstein showed me variation with pimp arm thats been working wonders for me lately.