Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dewitt Jr View Post
    The ref needs a pit bull breakstick when Paul Harris fights
    Lol spray him with water or hit him with a newspaper thy show I get out of heel hooks!
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I have a feeling Paul Harris uses a cattle prod to scratch his back...

Sam Sales

this is kinda interesting. May be it wasn't as long as I first thought?

Array

School
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post

That's crazy! It seemed so much longer. I know I've held a heel hook longer than that lol.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    When your leg is being torn apart by a man with gorilla strength, that's a second too long

I really do think Palhares is lacking something mentally but I think this was the refs fault for being out of position. This video is not a good source in my opinion as the actual timeline has been edited. I think the time from first tap to release was closer to 3-4 secs including the 1.1 secs as shown after ref touches Palhares.

If this happened in training I would have a huge problem with the guy but this is a fight and I'm sure Palhares trainers drilled into him to hold on until the ref stops the fight.

I don't agree with him being cut for it but it doesn't bother me either as he has such a strange history.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I don't know if the guy is retarded or anything but he clearly lets his emotions take over when he fights. He just has a killer instinct that might not have an off switch. His commitment to the leg is insane and unfortunately it cost him his job.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    It's his own fault and I'm fine with that decision. IMO, intentionally trying to destroy someone's knee is similar to late punches WHILE the ref is stopping the fight. He's literally held onto or tried to hold onto every heel hook he's ever grabbed. Enough is enough. It's unacceptable to try and end careers in every fight.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    When your leg is being torn apart by a man with gorilla strength, that's a second too long
    Exactly bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post

How long do you hold heel hooks after someone taps? Exactly. That shit is unacceptable.

Array

School
    The video is also deceptive because it freezes and doesn't start counting from the tap. It counts from referee contact...and the sub should be let go immediately upon feeling referee intervention...not a full a full second after.

The reality is he was full blast cranking a heel hook for a good 2 or more full seconds AFTER he felt the tap. Use other subs as reference. Most guys let go or ease off a bit and look at the ref before letting go. They don't feel the tap and keep full blast cranking after feeling the referee contact. Pettis let go before the ref even made contact. He felt a tap, he let go. It's not rocket science.

No love for Palhares. Damn shame because his leg locks were beautiful, but I'm not gonna love a high level boxer if he consistently lands late blows.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast