Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack LaBarge View Post
    Rousimar Palhares’ former coach Murilo Bustamante interveiw

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...it-didnt-workq
    There it is. From his former coach. Dudes been a douche. Like I said, nog looked embarrassed when the camera cut to him.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Jack you always bring top notch content to the forum, thanks man!
    I concur. He's got his finger on the pulse.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    I've seen worse, by him and others. Royce was an original at this. There had to be other things involved.
    there is some back story there that makes it more excusable.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    RCS/10th Planet Beaumont
    Question? What dictates when the fight is over...the ref or the tap? I remember an interview with Herb Dean after the Henderson Pettis fight where he stated that he did not hear the verbal submission but said that the correct process would have been to wait for him to stop the fight. Now, Pettis showed good sportsmanship (which I agree with). But, Palhares is getting a lot of flack for not releasing after tap and only when the ref intervened (actually not even then) but that raised this question for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    interesting question.
    my feeling is that a when a fighter taps; his opnt should hold the submission but release pressure if possible or at the very least not continue to increase force until the tap is acknowledged by the ref.

Array

School
    You can be a gentleman and release as soon as you feel the tap, you can be a sportsman and hold but not crank until the ref intervenes, or you can be a douche and crank full blast after the tap and while the ref is intervening.

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Just watched it, been a bit busy lately.
    I always enjoy watching Palharas but when the ref breaks it up you let the hold go.
    It was way dickish holding onto the heel hook like that, knowing how dangerous it is and what it can do to a person.
    He deserves to be cut.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I had no idea he had split from BTT. Bustamante pretty much told him he was no longer welcome because of his conduct with his training partners and was tired of the never ending drama he represented. Kind of brings a new perspective to the situation for me. It makes me change my stance. I just thought he was slow and didn't know his own strength. Apparently he is just an undisciplined dickhead.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    You can be a gentleman and release as soon as you feel the tap, you can be a sportsman and hold but not crank until the ref intervenes, or you can be a douche and crank full blast after the tap and while the ref is intervening.
    exceptionally well put!

Palharas manager said hes sending him a sport psychologist . . . . I could tell him hes a stupid asshole for free.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/1...ing-to-manager
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast