Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    House - future 10th Planet Melbourne
    chad thanks for the welcome!
    but 1 question - what does shrimp mean, is that an exercise (like t-rexing)?
    this might make me sound like an idiot but I have no idea what that means

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Shrimp Drill is one of those fundamental positioning movements and drilling exercise that is key to helping you escape when your opponent is in a control position. However, because shrimping is so basic, people tend to take it for granted and never take the time necessary to practice it the right way. Let’s make this real simple… If you’re constantly getting your butt handed to you, and can never escape or set up submissions when your opponent is on top of you, then you my friend need to spend more time shrimping when you’re on the mat.
    Last edited by Just Kadek; 10-12-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kadek View Post
    Shrimp Drill is one of those fundamental positioning movements and drilling exercise that is key to helping you escape when your opponent is in a control position. However, because shrimping is so basic, people tend to take it for granted and never take the time necessary to practice it the right way. Let’s make this real simple… If you’re constantly getting your butt handed to you, and can never escape or set up submissions when your opponent is on top of you, then you my friend need to spend more time shrimping when you’re on the mat.
    well if someone has side control on me or mount, does shrimp escape mean something like hip escape - eg. if they had mount, I would t-rex and throw my right leg over their right leg/shin and then slide back to get to qtr guard - would that be shrimping?

like is shrimping just a term for escaping back to guard?

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    Hobart, Tasmania.. The little island south of Australia
    Heres a link about shrimping Josh
    http://www.10thplanetwatch.com/2010/...by-keith-owen/

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem Havok View Post
    ok cool thanks.
    when I rolled in the past, I would hip escape to half guard from the mount, but this looks good too. what would you say works better because in the video, it looks like you could take his back or get him in spider web?

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    the warm-up series are where you can find all the basics in 10th planet.

from the forum page you can click the very top post "Sticky: 10pHQ Warm Ups"

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...10pHQ-Warm-Ups

or you can click the second post "Sticky: MTS Technique Guide" and click "warm-ups"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dXYtUnc&gid=10

and if you dont already; run outdoors, lift weights and wrestle.
    Last edited by Aaron Gustaveson; 10-13-2013 at 12:34 AM.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    the warm-up series are where you can find all the basics in 10th planet.

from the forum page you can click the very top post "Sticky: 10pHQ Warm Ups"

http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...10pHQ-Warm-Ups

or you can click the second post "Sticky: MTS Technique Guide" and click "warm-ups"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...dXYtUnc&gid=10

and if you dont already; run outdoors, lift weights and wrestle.
    ok cool thanks, and that list of all of 10p stuff is just what I needed to sort out all of the info in MTS

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Welcome to the forums mate and good luck with the training. Like the others said, check out the warm-up series' and read the stickied threads here, things like the lockdown flowchart are awesome.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    warm ups all the way. and according to eddie. triangles are a good start its a pretty debated thing i think but imo learn a few techniques really well. get a submission and make it your own until you kill everyone with it. having that base where you have something to fall back on if all else fails, really helps keep ur confidence up and i think allows you to advance quicker. though training with frank, youll have ur hands full.

theres also josh and the people out at sunshine if thats closer to you. also top quality training there.

welcome to the forum man.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Lockdown halfguard game is my suggestion, for sure. That's where Eddie started getting heavily offensive and that's where probably 65% of my sweeps are from. The guys that I've been receiving my instruction from (shout out to the Woolsey's Ft Lauderdale Hotbox) are also big on lockdown. My thought, and let me just emphasize that I'm only about 10 months into this deal, is that if you get someone, one or two weight classes bigger than you through people your size and smaller, into your half guard (especially if they're unfamiliar with lockdown defense) they're going to end up swept............ Also, I highly suggest you seek face-to-face instruction from a legit 10th Planet Hotbox or Moon. There's just somethings you may have questions about or that you're doing wrong that only someone knowledgeable about this stuff can help you correct. My game has really taken off since finding some 10th Planet guys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast