Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I'm naming the next technique I come up with "Ass to Mouth", Just so Ric can rename it ATM for his kids.
    Gold!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I don't think an official renaming is necessary. If that's how you wanna get down, do that. Personally, while have have no problem teaching my kids that crackheads exist, I wouldn't be too keen on it becoming part of her daily vocab. Cuz here's the thing, anything that she can get in trouble in school for saying, I don't want her repeating just yet. I wouldn't want her to learn hooker control either.

But we all parent differently. My route would be to teach her the original, come up with a substitute just for us and explain that, as usual, some words are only for grown folk.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Wait... are we talking about crabcake control?? “Ken-Flo” tells Pellegrino that he has to finish the fight this round if he wants to win it. Round 3: George looks a bit slower, his punches don’t have quite the same pop as they did in the first and second. They are exchanging but not much is coming of it so far. George pushing forward after landing a solid left and right. Pellegrino gets the takedown. Pellegrino with a few nice elbows, George establishes mission control and then something Joe Rogan calls “crabcake” control; both of his legs are locked behind Pellegrino’s neck. Pellegrino slams hims off and they are back to their feet. With thirty seconds left George has Pellegrino pressed against the cage. Pellegrino with a serious knee and some follow-up punches at the end that knock George down but it may be too little too late. Fightline.com scores the round 10-9 for Pellegrino. George Sotiropoulos defeated Kurt Pellegrino via unanimous decision (30-27, 20-27, 29-28) http://www.fightline.com/fl-news-201...nar-vs-carwin/ _
    Crab Cake Control! Porra

Array

School
    Ronin
    Ok I have asked and nobody who "understands" or agrees or can "see his point" or Ric himself has tried to explain it so I'm going to just say its bullshit, there is absolutely nothing un kid friendly about the term crackhead. If you want to have a rational discussion about some of the other names that's one thing but I will disagree about changing those too. I don't have a problem breaking down the realities of life to my children.
    Last edited by Jonathan Wylie; 10-14-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    Ok I have asked and nobody who "understands" or agrees or can "see his point" or Ric himself has tried to explain it so I'm going to just say its bullshit, there is absolutely nothing un kid friendly about the term crackhead. If you want to have a rational discussion about some of the other names that's one thing but I will disagree about changing those too. I don't have a problem breaking down the realities of life to my children.
    Reading is fundamental. LOL. I explained. Any word that can get my kid in trouble in school is not a word that I'd like her repeating just yet.

Not sure why people are getting so annoyed about it. Call it whatever you want. Teach your kids to curse if you want. But some people do have a preference. That's the beauty of America. I don't think it needs an official renaming, but I think it's fine to have an alternative for your own kids or a kids program you run. In fact, I do recall one of the moon heads mentioning that he does rename some moves for his kids program so it's not like this is some horribly far fetched absolutely bullshit idea. Haha. You'd swear 10thP were a religion or something.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Wait... are we talking about crabcake control??

“Ken-Flo” tells Pellegrino that he has to finish the fight this round if he wants to win it.

Round 3: George looks a bit slower, his punches don’t have quite the same pop as they did in the first and second. They are exchanging but not much is coming of it so far. George pushing forward after landing a solid left and right. Pellegrino gets the takedown. Pellegrino with a few nice elbows, George establishes mission control and then something Joe Rogan calls “crabcake” control; both of his legs are locked behind Pellegrino’s neck. Pellegrino slams hims off and they are back to their feet. With thirty seconds left George has Pellegrino pressed against the cage. Pellegrino with a serious knee and some follow-up punches at the end that knock George down but it may be too little too late. Fightline.com scores the round 10-9 for Pellegrino.

George Sotiropoulos defeated Kurt Pellegrino via unanimous decision (30-27, 20-27, 29-28)

http://www.fightline.com/fl-news-201...nar-vs-carwin/

_
    Haha crab cake...that's some renato stuffs right there porra

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    Kids should be educated on what a crackhead is so as to avoid becoming one and to one day, yes, control them. Censorship is not a 10th Planet strong suit IMO. While we're at it, let's switch the Vaporizer to the Inhaler and the D-Bag to the Feminine Hygiene Product, lol...just giving ya shit Ric. I know you have a valid argument and I see what you mean about expansion and acceptance, but I just don't see the need for an "officially" nerfed vocabulary for the system. Then again, I'm a rapper what the fuck do I know about being a good influence on kids
    Very good response from one of the OG's.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    just want to say Ric has always seemed like a cool guy and makes some really good post.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    I have heard Eddie say some less PC things than Crackhead control imho. On my first day at HQ we had a long conversation about Snatching the arm for Twister from Truck. "Most you boys never seen a snatch this good."

This kind of talk is probably why I am part of 10 P.
    Last edited by Phill Schwartz; 10-14-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    thats disgusting,sexist, pot smoking animal corrupting our youth.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast