Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Injuries...

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK

Injuries...

What's the worst injury you've suffered while grappling? I dislocated my hip a few years back my friend has it on video somewhere ill try and find it and post it, but I wanna hear your guys stories.
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life
    Know Jiu Jitsu, Know Life

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    for me so far (knock on wood) was my knee a year and a half ago, it came during class when my partner tried what he thought was a sub move (but it wasn't and would've been a DQ). Sprained/strained/pulled my MCL, I was out of live contact and lower body drills for a good month almost, the good news is it made me switch stances and work on the other side (to the point where I feel more comfortable there now).

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Ya that's what's crazy about injuries they make you adjust your game. I used to be better on top but since my injury I play way more bottom game.
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Grade 2 mcl Sprain and a partially torn meniscus. Put me out of commission for 2 months

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    horrible knee sprain from a bad judo fall. I was out for like a month I think. Never went to the doctor cuz i didnt wanna spend $2000 to find out which specific part was injured and for them to say take motrin heres a knee brace. I just braced until i could walk without it and avoided rolling until the pain was 80% gone. 2nd worst was my elbow getting popped.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Two fractured ribs due to a guys cup at my old gym. I was out for almost 3 months and couldn't do anything but watch class. It did lead me to switching gyms though and I couldn't be happier with the guys at 10P Chicago!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    Jeez I got a lost lower back prolly by far i was out 3 months from life not just gym was worse pain ever, besides that MCL sprained a handful of times also cracked my sternum. When i was first learning double legs i was trying to do one slow and idk how but fell on kid with his knee up and came crashing down on it that was an awful pain too that lasted about a month. Besides that twisted ankles broken toes a whole bunch of times hurt shoulders and couple hyper extended elbows. This is all over about a 4 year time frame

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    grade 2 borderline 3 mcl sprain. my toe got caught on the mat in a scramble, torqued the knee. Out for 9 weeks still working on being as close to 100% as it will get. Lost muscle weight cause i didn't keep training around the injury. Good learning experience.

oh yeah and torn rib cartilage but i only feel it when heavy people mount me now.

Thanks to John Mejia for recommending a great knee pad, now i can do my stretches in shotokan and am less cautious rolling.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona AOK
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber Kamischke View Post
    Two fractured ribs due to a guys cup at my old gym. I was out for almost 3 months and couldn't do anything but watch class. It did lead me to switching gyms though and I couldn't be happier with the guys at 10P Chicago!
    Damn from a cup!? How?
    No Jiu Jitsu, No Life

Array

School
    10th Planet LA HQ
    Worst BJJ injury...

I was asked by Prof. Caique to show the other BJJ students what a trained boxer can do to grapplers as they come in to clinch. I'd get off 4 to six strikes, the guys quickly learn that it was no joke, and that it hurts. So they would bull rush me and take me down.
    I had the whole class 30 to 40 students go through this twice, no breaks, my legs were mush.

After that was over, I rejoined the class and we proceeded to grapple. The drill was simple, push the knee down, slide the knee to pass the guard. I was so tired, I thought cool... Go ahead pass, I let the guy I was training with know that I was beat and that I was sorry I wouldn't offer much resistance.
    He grabbed my knee, he pushed it down, and something popped. It wasn't a ligament, as it was in the inside of my left thigh. That was a SCARY moment. The next day, the whole inside of my thigh had turned BLACK. By this time it hurt like hell, and I had to take a leave of absence.

I never did have it checked out. The "hemorrhaging" eventually faded. My legs are fine now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast