Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness

Nasty MMA Arm Break From Takedown

This vid really makes me want to stop trying to brace the landing of being slammed. Anytime I do try to brace the landing I always think of how that could've just gone bad. Happened 2 nights ago in a Florida amateur mma show

starts around 1:10

Follow up info from video page -

In addition to completely blowing his elbow out, Shawn also ruptured main arteries and suffered extensive nerve and tendon damage due to the way his arm was twisted up after it snapped. Shawn went into immediate surgery after the fight where he had veins removed from his leg and transplanted into his arm to repair his arteries. He is looking at a 4-week stay in the hospital for them to keep an eye on his vein transplant to make sure it takes. He cannot feel half of his arm and several of his fingers due to the nerve damage, and the doctors wont be able to begin surgeries on this until his previous surgeries start to heal up. Shawn is married with a daughter and their family really needs some help to get through this holiday season. He is looking at several months before he will be able to return to work. His family has set-up a Paypal donation page to raise money to help get them through the holidays. Please use this link to make a donation. Every little bit helps and is much appreciated: www.breakthroughmma.com/donate