Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

How come you don't see a lot of knee on belly in mma?

I'm starting to incorporate knee on belly into my game, and I'm trying to think of fights where I've seen it utilized but can't seem to think of any although I'm sure it's been done several times. Is it just not as effective in mma as it is in bjj?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Good question. I love knee on belly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I think it should be utilized much more. When we play on the ground with punches it's one of the best positions from which to do damage. I think maybe people are concerned with allowing that much space, which is a viable concern if you don't have a killer knee-on-belly. In any case, you gotta use the position to surf instead of trying to hold the guy in place.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    yes, good question. If you are a striker and a wrestler, this is what I would focus on for a top game. Take down and pass at same time, don't hang in side control and wait to get put into gaurd. Go KOB, rain some punches and just stand up if the water gets to deep. Takes some reps to control with KOB while raining punches, but I can't really see much negative if you just want to stand anyway.

good question, it seems like it takes a certain amount of time before moves go mainstream in MMA, why is this not one of them? Usually after someone proves the effectiveness of a technique with dramatic results, people add it to their game quickly (like Anderson's front kick on Vitor).

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I have been wondering this for a long time. Kob Is my go to from side control and should be used much more in mma especially if your opponet is against the cage. Its a great way to set up darces and ninja chokes

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Really good question. Seems like you see it at the very end of the fight. Example, cain vs brock. Watch it again and youll see cain go to kob at the very end as he is punching the crap out of brock

maybe the guys fighting dont use it in training. i would cause im a big knee to belly playa

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I think maybe people are concerned with allowing that much space, which is a viable concern if you don't have a killer knee-on-belly.
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Fuck really? I use it every single day I roll, all week long. Its money for many set ups for me, side control recoveries. I think lots of guys lose confidence in it way before they should, as it takes many hours of ride time to get good at it. Sensitivity, balance core strength, etc. are under developed. Its a shame as I hate it when someones doing that shit to me, it pisses me off its that good. Thats why I do it. I'm loving knee belly. get on it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast