Array

School
    10th Planet VistA

Ryan Fortin(l0thplanetvista) vs Mansher Khera(alliance) 2013 IBJJF NOGI WORLDS

Yo familia here is my first and only match from the 2013 NOGI WORLDS. This is the BROWN BELT/ADULT/MALE/LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION. Shortly after my spiral attempt, he drops to head and arm, and my knee popped bad. It hurt at first, but then the adrenaline kicks in and its back to the fight. No excuses, Munch is a beast and went on to win gold in the division, as well as gold in the absolute. Once my knee heals, Ill be back to competition!! Hopefully in time for GRACIE NATIONALS!! OSS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan fortiN View Post
    Yo familia here is my first and only match from the 2013 NOGI WORLDS. This is the BROWN BELT/ADULT/MALE/LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION. Shortly after my spiral attempt, he drops to head and arm, and my knee popped bad. It hurt at first, but then the adrenaline kicks in and its back to the fight. No excuses, Munch is a beast and went on to win gold in the division, as well as gold in the absolute. Once my knee heals, Ill be back to competition!! Hopefully in time for GRACIE NATIONALS!! OSS Video Link: http://youtu.be/IXGJA3a0iVc

That was quite the technical battle. I didn't appreciate someone from his corner yelling "This is your warmup". Super disrespectful and gutless towards you and 10P. White belt, black belt, or no belt I still would have Said something to him.

Keep on keepin on Ryan. You're heart, technique and passion definitely inspire me to be the best I can be. Heal up and good luck at Natty's

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Very nice match Ryan! Yeah his corner that had that remark was pretty disrespectful.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts - 10th Planet Peterborough/Troop BJJ
    OSS! Excellent match Ryan! Mad respect to your warrior spirit and non-stop style. As someone who plays bottom in a similar fashion to yours, I have a vague understanding of the frustrations of trying to play guard with knee and leg injuries mid match and you didn't even look phased. Mansher Khera is an absolute animal, the guy took double gold, and he could'nt even hold you down. Awesome performance, you'll be back better than ever once you heal up. I wouldn't put too much stock into the warmup comment, it didn't seem to be said in a disrespectful way to you, just one of his teammates trying to get him hyped as he probably had been training with the sole focus of taking that double gold no matter what and you were giving him a solid match. Hespect, best of luck with your recovery!

Array

School
    blank
    Ya, he's one Marcelo's. I got a chance to roll with him when I was in New York a year and a bit ago.

He completely smashed me. He's quite a bit larger than me and had wicked pressure.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    You are by far one of my favorites man. I saw when he tweaked your right knee divin into some nasty shoulder pressure. He was solid as fuck.

Win lose or draw you post and rep. Cause anyone who can even hang with you, much less beat you, is a badass. Cause you're a fukn badass.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy, NYC
    Munch trains at Marcelo Garcia every day. E-V-E-R-Y D-A-Y. Afternoon class and evening class as far as I can tell. (You can see him in a ton of MGinAction clips because Marcelo often uses him to demonstrate the techniques). Munch started training when Marcelo came to NYC, which I believe was in October of 2009. Munch has gone from White to Brown in that short period of time. You have to admire the work ethic of a person who trains that often. There's actually quite a few students who train all the time at Marcelo's.

But the really amazing thing is, like Eddie, Marcelo has put all of his lessons online. We can all benefit from the innovations being developed monthly by Marcelo and by Eddie. We really are living in the best time in history in terms of having access to information.

And, Ryan, congrats on doing such a great job in competition.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    You're a savage Ryan. You can't win them all, sometimes you smash like in Gracie Nationals last year and sometimes things just don't go your way, either way, you are a true soldier. Heal up and get back into competition, glory awaits!!
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie