Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    I was fragile at first too, be gentle. Show her some things at home, find her a chick to rep with for 6 months or so..let someone turn the heat up on her. Just not you. Tell her how fun of a workout it is. I started JJ bc it was readily available. I felt uncomfortable going to the normal gym by myself, I didn't want to roll w the guys. Finally got a 13 year old girl as my steady partner...after 2 competitions, and getting decently smashed by girls in the absolute, I turned it up and started rolling with the guys. It was weird at first for probably a lot of people and me, but I got past it. It's just normal now.

Also, us girls like to pow wow. Crystal and I talk about JJ on FB all the time. Tell yo wives to FB us! We can answer all their questions, tell them what's best to wear, etc. Women like to talk to other women about unfamiliar things. They like recommendations from other chicks.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll see. I'm not the type to pressure anyone. I mean, to me, BJJ is the best thing since sliced bread. It's the ultimate combination of mental, physical, emotional, adrenaline while still being safe....it opens your mind and makes you a better person. I can go on and on. But to other people it's just sweaty people rolling around contorting and hurting each other. I can't get any of my friends or family into it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'll see. I'm not the type to pressure anyone. I mean, to me, BJJ is the best thing since sliced bread. It's the ultimate combination of mental, physical, emotional, adrenaline while still being safe....it opens your mind and makes you a better person. I can go on and on. But to other people it's just sweaty people rolling around contorting and hurting each other. I can't get any of my friends or family into it.
    Just talk to her about self defense and the workout. Find her a chick to rep with. That's the best start you can get going. I promise, the rest has to come with time and being around everyone at the gym.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345