Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    It's an absolute cheesefest but Showdown in Little Tokyo showed some early 90's grappling from Brandon Lee when he fights Toshiro Obata. Takedowns, heelhooks, etc.

There's a Machado SUPER briefly attacking Steven Seagal in Under Siege 2 and Steven goes all Royce Gracie to the guys kidneys from the guard.

The Last Samurai shows real Ju jitsu aka the Japanese battlefield variety ;-)

The end of Lethal Weapon is famously choreographed by Rorion Gracie.

If you can find it, The Quest with JCVD is actually a fun movie with good martial arts.

Choke is an awesome documentary. Equally as good is The Smashing Machine. You owe it to yourself to buy a copy because one of the special features is a mini documentary on Renzo Gracie that is revealing and shows some hard, old school training.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    Return of the death knuckle is pretty badass.

Ive never been able to successfully land the death knuckle live in sparing though :-(
    Part 2 is coming
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Part 2 is coming
    fuck yeah!

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    The Quest is easily the most underrated JCVD movie ever. Great movie.

Array

School
    10th Planet Cookeville TN - Upper Cumberland MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wallace View Post
    It's an absolute cheesefest but Showdown in Little Tokyo showed some early 90's grappling from Brandon Lee when he fights Toshiro Obata. Takedowns, heelhooks, etc.

There's a Machado SUPER briefly attacking Steven Seagal in Under Siege 2 and Steven goes all Royce Gracie to the guys kidneys from the guard.

The Last Samurai shows real Ju jitsu aka the Japanese battlefield variety ;-)

The end of Lethal Weapon is famously choreographed by Rorion Gracie.

If you can find it, The Quest with JCVD is actually a fun movie with good martial arts.

Choke is an awesome documentary. Equally as good is The Smashing Machine. You owe it to yourself to buy a copy because one of the special features is a mini documentary on Renzo Gracie that is revealing and shows some hard, old school training.

The Smashing Machine...great flick. The parts where they show him spreading open cuts during matches...gruesome stuff. Hard to forget.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Part 2 is coming
    :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    the quest and bloodsport had a profound influence on my personal development.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    In terms of martial arts, Kickboxer played a large part in my appreciation and feel for standup (it's supposed to be Muay Thai, but they admit JCVD spent a majority doing Shotokon Karate, and the Muay Thai Tong Po does is more movie based not something you'd even see Anderson do).

For grappling, NBD1 and NBD2 show a decent amt of wrestling and jitsu, the end fight between Jake and Tyler in the first one shows a few sweeps, foot lock attempts, and an epic Rampage slam out of a leg triangle against the hood of a truck. NBD2 the end fight with our very own Einstein Epstein features a brutal Omaplata (I forget if the transition came from Rubber Guard). Case does a nice Samurai to Twister in the middle too during an exhibition fight he does at an exotic lounge.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Warrior was the best movie so far. By far. Excluding docs.

Array

School
    ABMMA Belchers
    Warrior is by far one of my favorite movies. Especially that omo at the end.

I was bored one day and came across never back down 2 (never even watched the first one) but it caught me off guard when they were workin the rubber guard in that movie. Plus a few people in that movie that seem kinda familiar.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast