Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    Warrior of the year Alex canders won Gracie worlds took 3rd at American nationals won a bunch of local tournaments and is opening 10th planet walnut creek. My second nomination is Kyra she has been very dominant winning everything she has competed in.

Moon of the year 10th planet SF! over the last couple years we have produced more world champions and nationals champions plus an adcc trials champ and still have yet to win moon of the year! We deserve it based on our contributions to the association.
    Very good case.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Elia Yuriditsky View Post
    10P-SF, no doubt. Even if I didn't train there, it would be clear cut because we spit hot fire. I can't even think straight enough to think of another school.

Warrior of the year - I'd go with Alex Canders too. Guy is as humble and helpful as he is handsome (and handsy). Always having fun, a student of the game, a player for life.
    Other nominee - Big Red. Man's been off the mat but has been fighting a hard battle to get back on. Sorry to see him on the temporary disability list but I know that competitors will be more sorry when they see him return.

Hestpect
    post more often. the ratio of white belt post to upper ranks is crazy, especially when it come to giving BJJ advice.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    10th Planet Moon nominations

1. West LA: Their rashguards and t-shirts have been an enormous influence on everyone, and their team competes frequently and well. Also, Einstein will be in a horrible mood if they lose (of course, this really only matters to those of us living within a 500-mile radius)

2.Phoenix: Picked up the NAGA overall team title for a Phoenix event with virtually no one competing in the gi.

3. Vista: They represent. The Freak Brothers are just the top of that mighty iceberg. They are the closest to San Diego, I think, and 10th Planet took the overall team title there too.

4. HQ: We spread the gospel that points don't count by hosting multiple submission-only tournaments that pulled competitors from all over Southern California (these are returning in January), and we've contributed to team titles in San Diego and Las Vegas. We have an extraordinarily talented group of white belts that bring home medals at virtually every tournament we compete in (we took 17 competitors to Vegas and brought back 12 medals) and our roster includes killers like Alan Jouban, Erik "Compella" Cruz, Rob Rodriguez, Amir Allam, Curtis Hembroff, and so on.

Warrior of the Year Nominations

1. Amir Allam, for competing in ADCC the same year he earned his doctorate in seismology, and for being Amir "Awesome" Allam.

2. Curtis Hembroff - 2013 Gracie Worlds Silver Medalist, 2013 NABJJF International Open Gold/Silver Medalist, 2013 NABJJF Los Angeles Open Gold/Silver Medalist, 2013 NAGA West Coast Championships Gold Medalist, 2013 Grappler's Quest World Series Bronze/Silver Medalist. The double medals represent his weight and absolute. And all of this despite being from Alaska.

3. Randall Dolf - he's a top competitor, you see him everywhere and he is consistently turning in great performances at tournaments.

4. Tony Ferguson: he's already been mentioned a few times but him flashing the 10th Planet sign after his last UFC win - that was special.
    Last edited by scottross; 12-14-2013 at 03:07 PM.

S.F. has and will always take first place. I don't trust polls.

Bethlehem is strong.

too many people for me to pick from

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by DENNY PROKOPOS View Post
    Warrior of the year Alex canders won Gracie worlds took 3rd at American nationals won a bunch of local tournaments and is opening 10th planet walnut creek. My second nomination is Kyra she has been very dominant winning everything she has competed in.

Moon of the year 10th planet SF! over the last couple years we have produced more world champions and nationals champions plus an adcc trials champ and still have yet to win moon of the year! We deserve it based on our contributions to the association.
    Hard to argue with that

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Kelvin gastelum and jessamyn dukes.

For moon, I'm going with Bethlehem.

edit: Didn't realize we can vote for our own gyms. Rochester as well.
    Last edited by Daniel D.; 12-16-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    As usual, lots of heavy hitters this year. Good luck everyone

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    10th Planet Moon nominations

2.Phoenix: Picked up the NAGA overall team title for a Phoenix event with virtually no one competing in the gi.
    Thanks for the nomination Scott !! We picked up multiple Naga titles with no one competing in the gi... ever !!

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Moon nomination: 10th Planet Costa Mesa
    Warrior nomination: Tony Ferguson

Array

School
    Grace bjj/ Guardian Lebanon
    Moon of the year- 10th Planet Decatur/ Warrior of the year Brandon Mccaghren

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112