Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin

How to deal with wrestlers?

I know there are many of you whom have many battles against some tough wrestlers. Can you please post your videos here so that I can study them? On the last month of training, I want to take some off mat time to study videos and get ideas because at Battle 4 the Ages, the 1st two boys Cora will face are very decorated wrestlers. Thank you so much. Bruce

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by tom carbone View Post
    lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    #1 thing I am learning is patience. In BJJ tournaments, a lot of wrestlers like to play the point game. I get them in my guard, work to mission control but then they explode when I transition too quickly. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill Schwartz View Post
    #1 thing I am learning is patience. In BJJ tournaments, a lot of wrestlers like to play the point game. I get them in my guard, work to mission control but then they explode when I transition too quickly. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.
    This is exactly what I've experienced. The wrestlers I've encountered like going for power doubles but I time it to get them in guard and have even been catching a free New York off of the take down. Wrestlers like to smash and use serious pressure to distract so have her get used to staying calm while having someone pressuring a forearm on her throat while in guard. There is an armbar available when her opponent is doing that so practice capitalizing on the forearm pressure too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Become a better wrestler than the one your trying to beat.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Has Cora ever trained anywhere for Judo or wrestling?

It seems like the best way to have a good defense is to understand the offense.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    If cora has never wrestled before...practice sprawling, guillotoines or flying kung fu (off of a shot) and jumping guard. I like to control wrestlers in guard or lockdown An attack subs...make them make mistakes an look to sweep or advance my position.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Kimura trap. Never fear wrestlers again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Learn to wrestle...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast