View Poll Results: Who is the 2013 NWOTY?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson

29 12.66%
  • Nathan Orchard

37 16.16%
  • Kelvin Gastelum

18 7.86%
  • John "Yoda" Botello

10 4.37%
  • Jessamyn Duke

8 3.49%
  • Brian "Barncat" Debes

60 26.20%
  • Geo "Freakazoid" Martinez

5 2.18%
  • Louis "Street" Ho

24 10.48%
  • Kyra Batara

13 5.68%
  • Richie "Boogeyman" Martinez

25 10.92%
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    LOL! makes sense... Just another Black Belt ability.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Lol I actually didnt!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    Nice accusation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Morgan View Post
    Agreed. The accusation against Orchard was completely uncalled for. A shame one of the hardest reps of 10P had to read that.!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan orchard View Post
    And yes people joked about making a bunch of different accounts and voting for me a bunch of times but I made sure they didn't because I don't want to win that way. how could I have any pride in it if I knew it was fixed?... I wouldn't. I am not afraid to go out on the mat and lose, why would I be afraid to to lose a contest that is won by voting? Kinda doesn't make sense. Way to look out for Brian tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I'm curious as to why you singled Nathan out on this. The hint of an accusation isn't really necessary. Brian was well ahead as of yesterday and Tony had tied up with Orchard when I looked at it last.
    This post is long but PLEASE READ it you have commented or are involved. We are all a close family and this kind of bullshit does not need to get in the way of that....

Woah everyone, Calm down and let this be CRYSTAL CLEAR. I really can't believe the way everyone is looking for negativity Towards Nathan in my comment... Nathan especially please read this, as I do not want you to be misunderstanding my post in the way everyone seems to be CHOOSING to interpret it. I did not mean in the slightest for any accusation to be pointed towards you, and I worded my post very carefully to be sure that wasn't implied that you had anything to do with the possibility, but that I believed if it did occur, to have been committed by a supporter of yours. Everyone seems to draw the ONLY conclusion as me accusing you which is very aggravating.

I suggest everyone re-read my post and assume it means what the words say, not what assumptions you can make off it. I am an actualized person, i'm not going to 'suggest' or as Brent puts it 'Hint" at something to spike some drama, If I thought Nathan had anything to do with anything shady with the poll, I would of said it, point blank, clear and simple, period. I always take the honest and uncomfortable road of saying something if it needs to be said even if people do think negatively of me, and you can ask anyone in the gym about that. I thought it was a fan of his -- and my data up to that point was in support of that conclusion, so that's what I said.

Brent, Rachel - I am sorry that the character of the people in the world and surrounding you is questionable to where you have to assume what people are saying isn't what they mean. I am fortunate that the people around me, esp at the moon here in Chicago, are real enough to say things flat out, no bullshit -- and you can expect the same from me on these forums and in life consistently. I apparently was mistaken when I assumed this trait was shared among all the 10p family towards each other and not just us in chi. I assumed on this forum, in this family to each other, we honestly say things as we mean them, and that what I would say would be taken at that worth - not people electively taking the words to mean what they find entertainingly dramatic in the situation.

On top of that, let me state I am as about this family of ours as can be. If I had even considered people would take the post as something other than the words said -- especially an accusation toward Nathan I would not have made the post. I legitimately thought someone exploited the poll based on herzog and brents comments discussing that possibility when I visited the thread. Based on the data available to me, I thought it was a FAN of Nathans, and so that is the opinion I held. Based on the value of the title thought it would be worth a quick investigation to verify and I made the comment stating my opinion for the value of the title and of the system, and NOT to cause any drama. And to be specific, I assumed whoever to be exploiting it, if someone not to have been even an active member of the forum let alone Nathan...

So Let me clear this up:
    - I DID NOT ACCUSE Nathan of ANYTHING, and did not intend for any notion of blame or responsibility to be cast upon him.
    - I clearly suggested it was a Fan of Nathans. Why a Fan? Because Fan's are the kind of people that do that kind of thing. Why a Fan of Nathan's instead of Tony or Brian? Well, aside from that Fans of Nathan's MADE POSTS JOKING about making fake accounts to vote for him(Typically when something happens, the people you assume responsible are the people who previously said they are going to do it, no?), my opinion was simply because he and debes were neck and neck the entire contest, and then when I checked back again the fix had taken place and nathan then had a massive disparity behind debes. I didn't see the poll for maybe 2 days before the 'fix' so I was unaware that debes pulled ahead - I wish I had. These variables suggested to me it was more likely a fan of Nathans than anything else, to a degree strong enough that I made the suggestion it was a fan of his prematurely. It is still a logical conclusion with that dataset in mind - but now that I have been informed debes was ahead prior to the 'fix', and lost equal votes in the 'fix' the dataset and thus my opinion have changed; but I did not have that information when I made the post.

- A fan of nathans Is NOT Nathan, it does not mean someone he controls, it does not me his own actions, NOR is it someone he is responsible for, it means someone, ANYONE, who likes and supports him. I don't know how that is confused with him himself....

So why did I think it was a possibility for someone to make fake accounts and exploit:
    1- People made jokes about doing it, and it seemed to happen.
    2- The last posts on the thread when I came to it, were brent and herzog talking about this possibility combine with the poll being 'fixed'.
    3- The frequency timing of votes keeping the two leads neck and neck consistently without any significant time (other than the two days prior to the fix, which as I said did not see) when paired with the consideration there may have been manipulation. This suggests if someone manipulated the poll, it to be a supporter of either of those two, or both.

And so why did I name Nathans's fans instead of another persons fans or 10p fans in general:
    1- From what I saw, (not seeing the 2 days prior to the fix) nathan and debes were even, then nathan was more than 20 behind debes after this fix.
    2- Nathans supporters made jokes about doing this.
    3- As I mentioned above, the vote frequency keeping both of them neck and neck consistently, while on its own not suspicious, when paired with the already present suspicious of exploitation of the poll, suggested it is a support of debes or nathans. Because after the fix debes had a large number of votes past nathan, it suggests it much more likely to have been a fan of nathans than any other poll leader.

Now, as I said, the details of debes pulling ahead in the end of which I was unaware, or of debes and tony losing more from the fix than orchard, both negate the logic that had suggested to me it was a Supporter of Nathans, but I did not know those facts then. Now that I do, I would assume it to be a supporter of whoever had the most votes from accounts that were newly created, although since it appears everyone lost a similar ratio from it, Im confident there was no exploitation going on.

My suggesting of it being a fan of Nathans has NOTHING to do with Nathan, and everything to do with the situational variables available to me at the time. The only reason I made a post about it, was because herzog and brent's posts about someone abusing the poll had me paranoid assuming someone did abuse it at the time, and wanting to confirm if it was exploited I made the post suggested an investigation and a methodology for doing so. The only reason Nathans name was mentioned in the post (mentioned once, and i quote 'A lone fan of nathans') was because of the vote disparity as to my knowledge and NOTHING else.

I simply thought it was a fan of Nathans because from what I saw, he and debes were neck and neck before hte fix, and a big diff after... THE ONLY *HINT* or *ACCUSATION* I made about Nathan, was that someone who believes in him might be pulling something shiesty because they believe in him and want to see him shine... And I only suggested a fan of his because the data suggested it the most likely...

If after this, anyone thinks I was or am trying to directly or indirectly accuse Nathan or even suggest he was aware or affiliated with someone who may have exploited the poll and/or thinks that I'm making this post because that 'accusation' wasnt received well. You need to ask yourself why are you reading the posts on this forum LOOKING for negativity and hostility instead of with consideration. Why do you immediately assume the offensive dramatic, instead of even considering honesty in expression? Please get to know me, I promise once you do you would not make such a mistake....

So, I apologize to Nathan for accusing a fan of his, despite that he is not responsible for the actions of a fan of his.. It was unjustly hasty for me to define the potential culprit as a supporter of yours, without confirming such details as how many were removed from each person, instead simply comparing you guys being tied the entire time and after the fix ending with less.

To everyone else please try to consider that just because an implication is possible in a comment, it is at least equally possible the comment means exactly what it says, not the additional implication assumed....

Nathan and Brent please PM me on facebook I would like to discuss this with you personally for reasons not mentioned here...

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Scratch that wall of text above. This is fucking bullshit. All i said 'if this happend, was it a lone fan of Nathans' because having not seen the poll for 2 days prior to the fix, it went from 60-60 nathan-debes to 37-60 after the fix, having been told there was abuse, it is 100% pure logic to assume the side of disparity to be at cause. The only reason I thought a situation occurred is everyone was saying one did.

No accusation against Nathan, just a logical conclusion based on data that if it was exploited, it was by one of his supporters due to the vote disparity. That's all I said. It is bullshit that you guys are saying I am accusing Nathan, and casting me into that roll.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by DanConway View Post
    Scratch that wall of text above. This is fucking bullshit. All i said 'if this happend, was it a lone fan of Nathans' because having not seen the poll for 2 days prior to the fix, it went from 60-60 nathan-debes to 37-60 after the fix, having been told there was abuse, it is 100% pure logic to assume the side of disparity to be at cause. The only reason I thought a situation occurred is everyone was saying one did.

No accusation against Nathan, just a logical conclusion based on data that if it was exploited, it was by one of his supporters due to the vote disparity. That's all I said. It is bullshit that you guys are saying I am accusing Nathan, and casting me into that roll.
    I hope no one accuses you of anything Dan. You are one cool dude. I think the voting system did see some fishy action in the final days.
    As a software guy, the tests you had mentioned to prove/disprove your theory would have been the approach I would have taken were I to show a client, but in the end I'm glad things got cleared up.
    See ya soon brother!
    Rick

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Holy moly. I'm gonna be honest I didnt read it all but I find no reason to defend what I said. Text can be read funny and a whole shit storm can follow. Had you completely left Nathan's name out of it I wouldn't have said a word about it. For example if it was "something sounds fishy here maybe we should look into it to make sure there's no fuckery going on". But the fact of the matter is you DID throw Nathan's name in there leading me to believe it was Nathan you were accusing. I'm obviously not the only one to think so. If it was a misunderstanding, ok. We'll leave it at that! Alright this is already getting too long for my liking, so Dan I'm sorry I accused you of something you by no means did.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Costa Mesa, CA
    I surely didn't read that long winded post either. You made an accusation, I noted it. And I surely will not type out a long response to defend myself or the company I keep... I have better things to do, like go to Jiu Jitsu.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Everyone should stop bickering and train.
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    no one is bickering. Dan just wanted to make sure not to offend anybody. No big deal. Brian won fair and square. A big congrats goes out to him. Thanks for squaring things up Dan. No harm no foul. Now, group hug. Life is good again.
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Portland Moon Head/Instructor
    My youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/monzon421
    Use the discount code DEADORCHARD at Phalanxfc.com to get %15 off any purchase.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Kaulig View Post
    I surely didn't read that long winded post either. You made an accusation, I noted it. And I surely will not type out a long response to defend myself or the company I keep... I have better things to do, like go to Jiu Jitsu.
    damn, I understand not wanting to read that post but why the attitude? Yeah, he made an accusation, against a proposed ,hypothetical Orchard fan, so fucking what?
    DanConway wrote a more concise post right below his original and he never accused Nathan of anything.

If you read what the poor guy wrote you'd know there's no need to defend yourself.

Un-fucking-subscribed.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast